Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wash U Wait List  (Read 5223 times)

LWS08

• View Profile
Re: Wash U Wait List
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
I'm also on it, but I'm not really counting on getting off it.

Where have you decided to go?

I've decided on the University of Florida. I really don't think much, if at all, about the schools I've been waitlisted at. After having been through four months of hell, I'm glad I finally know where I'm going.

If, by some chance, I got called off a waitlist... I figure I'd cross that bridge when I got to it. Best way to keep your sanity.  :D

That's a good way to approach it. But I've decided to be super proactive about it. I have already spoken to some contacts there and plan on keeping in touch all summer. Good luck at UF, its an awesome school.
"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste."

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 06:37:49 PM »
Just thought I'd bump this thread, since the second deposit deadline is coming up on June 1st.  I've definitely got my fingers crossed for this one...

1time

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »
does anyone know when and/or how people will be notified?

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 10:12:27 PM »
I read on LSN that some people got accepted via email, which probably holds true for us waitlists if we're lucky enough.  I also remember writing down my address on the waitlist form, so maybe snail mail?

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »
From the people who made the cut from the wait list in previous years, if you want to get into WUSTL you should visit the campus if you haven't already done so.

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »
I am hoping they can just let me know soon. My odds of acceptance seem pretty slim except good LOR's and midwestern ties (if they prefer that, I don't know that they would) but I gotta get a place leased out soon, etc. so even a rejection at this point would at least free up my mind to settle elsewhere!
Tulane Class of 2011

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »
I am hoping they can just let me know soon. My odds of acceptance seem pretty slim except good LOR's and midwestern ties (if they prefer that, I don't know that they would) but I gotta get a place leased out soon, etc. so even a rejection at this point would at least free up my mind to settle elsewhere!

yup

You Enjoy Myself

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
Anybody else get this e-mail this afternoon?

Dear xxx,

As you may have already learned, we have had a record breaking number of second deposits this year.  Unfortunately for us, we will be unable to offer you a seat in this year’s class.

Several candidates have asked us about our transfer program.  Because we are not dealing with the size constraints of first year required classes, we typically do admit transfer applicants each year, based on their first year performance.  Transfer students are eligible to participate in the write-on competitions for the school’s journals and law review, the moot court competition, and fall on-campus interviewing.  If you would like more information or have any questions about the transfer process, please feel free to contact me at bolin@wulaw.wustl.edu.

We greatly appreciate your interest in our school and wish you all the best.

Janet Bolin
Associate Dean of Admissions and Student Services
Washington University School of Law
314-935-4526
bolin@wulaw.wustl.edu

chunkylover53

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »
Anybody else get this e-mail this afternoon?

Dear xxx,

As you may have already learned, we have had a record breaking number of second deposits this year.  Unfortunately for us, we will be unable to offer you a seat in this year’s class.

Several candidates have asked us about our transfer program.  Because we are not dealing with the size constraints of first year required classes, we typically do admit transfer applicants each year, based on their first year performance.  Transfer students are eligible to participate in the write-on competitions for the school’s journals and law review, the moot court competition, and fall on-campus interviewing.  If you would like more information or have any questions about the transfer process, please feel free to contact me at bolin@wulaw.wustl.edu.

We greatly appreciate your interest in our school and wish you all the best.

Janet Bolin
Associate Dean of Admissions and Student Services
Washington University School of Law
314-935-4526
bolin@wulaw.wustl.edu

Yup I got it but I was kinda expecting a rejection with my numbers. I have no clue why they strung me along and waitlisted me in the first place.

CoupDeGlace

• Sr. Citizen
  • Les Canadiens sont là!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 11:58:21 PM »
That's weird, I didn't get that email... and I definitely don't think I'm on the top of their list... I DID get an email like that from William and Mary last week though. Maybe my email is late.  ;D
UF 2011