Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Westlaw or Lexus Nexus?  (Read 6648 times)

spacemule

• View Profile
Westlaw or Lexus Nexus?
« on: April 17, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »
I'm a Westlaw dude myself.  Seems Lexus is not as intuitive and every action takes 5 times as many clicks.  What's the consensus? 

JaHerer22

• View Profile
Delicious Study Drugs...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »
Has any one gotten an adderall/ritalin/concerta prescription in preparation for law school?

Any recommendations on which is the most effective?

I'm pretty sure I've had ADD all my life but have always been smart enough to compensate...aside from what I managed to swindle from friends in UG for all-nighters I've never been medicated. I figure now's a good time to start though, just curious if anyone else is in the same boat or has any recommendations...

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Delicious Study Drugs...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:57:37 PM »
Crystal Meth

Especially strawberry flavored crystal meth.

Mmmm.... strawberry.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Lobstah!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lobster is murder.
    • View Profile
    • If I only had a brain...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 04:17:39 PM »
Good luck in life dude.
Don't think changing your avatar will make you safe.  I'll eat baby lobsters.  I'm not above that.

Kingdom of Lizards

blondie5star

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
Please, oh please, say this is not for real.

How did you manage studying for the LSAT?

Man, if you are ACTUALLY concerned about dealing with a learning disability, go to a doctor.

I would hope one seeking to uphold the law as a professional might consider this route, as opposed to swindling prescriptions.  ???

My little brother has ADHD and was only (by a DOCTOR) medicated for a short period of time when he was in first grade. After that, he learned coping skills, like starting everything early, taking breaks, working with other people around, and getting enough exercise so he wasn't antsy. You might try that approach, if you are really worried about the pressures of law school academics.

If you're just being a $#%!, well, quit it.  :P

JaHerer22

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »
I find that meth, while very effective, can last anywhere from 20-24 hours...much too long for for my needs. The crash is also very harsh and would probably make it difficult to attend class the next day..I would compare it to coming down from a 2 day crack binge, though each individual drug obviously has its respective quirks.

OldFart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »
Hey, the dude (or chick) has a legitimate question.

Different drugs are going to affect different people differently, unfortunately.  I'll send you a PM with my (legal, although unintentional) experiences.  I don't recommend trying anything like that;  the other effects aren't worth it.

casper13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 05:01:15 PM »
I find that meth, while very effective, can last anywhere from 20-24 hours...much too long for for my needs. The crash is also very harsh and would probably make it difficult to attend class the next day..I would compare it to coming down from a 2 day crack binge, though each individual drug obviously has its respective quirks.

I recommend you just be a semester by semester junkie to avoid the crash. But make it a note to self to take daily shower so you dont smell so bad when it starts coming out of skin. Then when semester ends you sleep the entire time. Very effective I think.

JaHerer22

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »
Blondie, I fully intend on going to a Dr., being diagnosed with adult ADD, and obtaining a legal Rx. In UG my studying consisted of probably around 5 all-nighters per semester, hardly enough to warrant a prescription. I'm under the assumption that law school will require me to study longer and harder, hence my need for the Rx.

matta

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 05:10:27 PM »
He already said that he used prescription drugs to study throughout school.  He wouldn't be experimenting.  I can't imagine how that's so hard to believe.  I'd say half of my UG did about the same thing.  I know I did.  I've also thought about getting a prescription for law school.  I don't even think I'm ADD, but damn if I wouldn't finish top 5% on that *&^%.