Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: reputation  (Read 1311 times)

Peaches

• View Profile
Re: reputation
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »
I think they've formed an alliance with Jacy85. :)

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »
I started off positive and then said I liked law school and didn't think it was that hard and that I liked my classmates and all of a sudden I was at about -20. 

I also think students at the T3/T4 are trigger-happy with the negative reputation score whenever anyone states the truism that their job prospects are not as good.    And if you can't go to an anonymous message board to get opinions on what people REALLY think, then where can you go?   I think that makes me more antagonistic on message boards than in real life. 

In fairness, when people rattle off their "job prospect truism" on every thread imaginable, including ones where a student is just asking for advice about which T3/T4 to attend...it gets old real fast. This truism might be justified if the thread specifically asks "what are my biglaw prospects coming out of a T4"...but otherwise, people don't need to be reminded they're not at Harvard and probably aren't going to make $150K coming straight out of school. This "truism" doesn't come off as advice but as a passive (and in many cases active) way to put others down to make yourself feel even better about attending a T1/T2 school (not saying this applies directly to you peaches, but to everyone who acts the part).

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
I think the truism is often stated in response to requests for job prospects, someone saying "I'll see you in court!" or "If you just wish hard enough with all your might, your dreams will be achieved!" :)

Agreed, though, with your point that it's probably overstated.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »
I think they've formed an alliance with Jacy85. :)

I don't think I have much to do with your negative reputation score, although I've added a few dings myself.  I think you take care of most of it yourself, even without your T3/T4 bashing.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
It was a joke. But you don't exactly win the "Plays Well With Others" certificate either.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 06:25:08 PM »
Don't put too much stock in reputation, Ive got 20+ posts with 0 reputation and I assure you all  that Im the worst kind of person. 

--- And I laughed out loud when Peaches blamed his poor reputation on kids from T3/T4 schools.... I heard a T3 graduate was behind the poor intelligence that led us into a war w/ Iraq.   just  a rumor.

fixed :)

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »
My reputation is low because everyone realizes that I'm better than them. They're just jealous.  ;D