Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3L OCI  (Read 819 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
3L OCI
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:24:02 PM »
wondering if anyone had any experience with 3L OCI in NY.  I have a SA lined up in a different major market for my second year, and am considering possibly making a move for next year (only in the even I get cold offered, in case anyone at my firm is reading this).  Anyway, top 15%, no journal, top 20 school.  Feasible?  I wont work for less then 160K, so nothing small/medium is even remotely appealing. 

yykm

• View Profile
Re: 3L OCI
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:21:03 PM »
I asked a partner at one of the top NYC firms about this, and he told me most firms will likely pull back in hiring generally next year not only because of the economy, but the election too.  He advised me to make sure I take an offer at a firm I wanted this year because chances for similar level job as a 3L will be even scarcer than usual.  Let's just say 3L hiring in NYC will be more difficult than usual.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3L OCI
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »
I asked a partner at one of the top NYC firms about this, and he told me most firms will likely pull back in hiring generally next year not only because of the economy, but the election too.  He advised me to make sure I take an offer at a firm I wanted this year because chances for similar level job as a 3L will be even scarcer than usual.  Let's just say 3L hiring in NYC will be more difficult than usual.

hey :) thanks.  That was kinda what I was thinking too, but wasnt too sure about how the market was in general and if Id even have a shot.  The CDO at my school seemed to think that if it held out a little I might have a decent shot of getting in.  I posted right before checking.  However, I will definitely bust my ass to have an offer on the table at my place this year.  I cant stand the thought of going through the interview process again, so if anyone can get me in without that, Ill owe you :)