Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Writing Comp...how worth it?  (Read 458 times)

redjay

• View Profile
Writing Comp...how worth it?
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:13:29 PM »
Basically I don't have a shot at making Law Review...grades just aren't high enough. However I feel that I may be able to make one of my school's secondary journals. The problem is that I have a big conflict with the writing competition...anyways, it is possible for me to still compete. But if I only have a shot and one of the secondary journals how worth it would it be to break my neck that week to complete the competition?

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Comp...how worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:17:16 PM »
do it.  If you get on a journal it will really really help your resume.  If you don't make it, then who cares.

Most people don't finish these writing competitions so if you do it you have a good chance of getting on.  At least at my school this is true.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Comp...how worth it?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:27:45 AM »
do it.  If you get on a journal it will really really help your resume.  If you don't make it, then who cares.

Most people don't finish these writing competitions so if you do it you have a good chance of getting on.  At least at my school this is true.

Ditto. Besides, if you don't try, you'll always wonder what could have happened.  Granted, surviving the writing competition sucks, especially because it usually takes place immediately after final exams, but this fact is exactly why you should stick it through until the end:  most people do NOT complete the competition.