Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener Harrisburg-Class of 2011!  (Read 3614 times)

TheDel

• View Profile
    • Email
Widener Harrisburg-Class of 2011!
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:47:33 PM »
Hi Everyone. There havent been any recent posts so im not sure if anyone still uses this forum.

I am not yet an admitted student, meaning i am part of the TAP program starting in May.
Does anyone have any recent information?

I am coming from NYC, so this will be a BIG change for me, any input on the area?

USC313

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Widener Harrisburg-Class of 2011!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:04:56 PM »
Hey there.

I was surprised to see a post on here about Widener. I did the TAP program last May/June at Widener-DE. There were about 400 of us and maybe about 60 or so made it through. They'll tell you the first day that--at a maximum--25% of the students will be offered full admission. My advice is to just study your butt off for those 6 weeks. The professors will treat you like a 1st year student--so don't expect any sympathy for being in TAP.

The benefit is, if you make it through the program you'll have a head start on all the students already fully admitted. You know how to brief a case and have a generalized understanding of Torts and Civil Procedure--two classes that you'll take in the Fall.

In terms of location, I can only speak for the Delaware campus. I have heard that Harrisburg is more boring than DE--but people are always biased so who knows.

In any event, good luck with the program. Just do all the work and pay attention to what your professor is looking for on the final and you should do fine. If you have any other questions just repost on here.

greggreggreg

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Widener Harrisburg-Class of 2011!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »
Hey all of you new 1L's out there.  I am finishing up my First year at Widener Harrisburg. 

First, I am looking for a roommate for next year, so if anyone is interested I have a 2 BR townhouse about 2 miles from the school.  Rent is $475 plus 1/2 electric (usually 30-35 per person).

Second if any of you have questions, drop me a line gegershuny@mail.widener.edu.  Good Luck!!!