Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First Concord-Educated Attorneys Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court Bar  (Read 13931 times)

Undisputed

• View Profile
Re: First Concord-Educated Attorneys Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court Bar
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »
well, good for you then, i wish you the best of luck with your studies and future employment.

NYC2L

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 05:46:56 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree slightly with thorc954. Not every T3 and T4 should be disbanded. But all private for-profit one should. After the purge, the following T4 schools would remain: CUNY--Queens College, North Carolina Central University, Southern University (really cheap), University of North Dakota and University of the District of Columbia. I did not go through the T3's but many of them should go as well.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree slightly with thorc954. Not every T3 and T4 should be disbanded. But all private for-profit one should. After the purge, the following T4 schools would remain: CUNY--Queens College, North Carolina Central University, Southern University (really cheap), University of North Dakota and University of the District of Columbia. I did not go through the T3's but many of them should go as well.

I would agree with this; it's the for-profit institutions that seem much more likely to accept large first year classes with the intent to kick a good percentage of them out after paying tuition.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
okay, true, that makes sense.  Id add regents though to your list of Tier 4's though.

jd2008

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »
I say good to anyone that can make it at any of the schools. I personally plan to attend a physical campus if possible but am keeping all of my options open. I am glad that new college closed before I started and not after though since they were my #2 choice. Cooley is ABA approved and looks like they may take me in the fall anyways. My only concern with distance learning is that I wouldn't be good enough to pass the "mini-bar" the first year. Others can like the concord judges, so I respect them even more than ABA graduates who got to skip it. It should also be noted that state accredited non ABA colleges are exempt from mini bar too though.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 10:03:48 PM »
JD2008, if you go to cooley and get any financial stuff, just be cognizant of the fact that it may disappear after the first year.  Either way though, good luck :)

jd2008

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 06:49:12 PM »
how so?

quote author=thorc954 link=topic=9404.msg76835#msg76835 date=1207793028]
JD2008, if you go to cooley and get any financial stuff, just be cognizant of the fact that it may disappear after the first year.  Either way though, good luck :)
[/quote]

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
how so?

quote author=thorc954 link=topic=9404.msg76835#msg76835 date=1207793028]
[/quote]

well, cooley has a fail curve and there are rumors that the stack their sections (one section having mostly scholarship kids so inevitably some are at the bottom of the class despite performing well).  so, its highly likely that if you get an merit based aid it will be gone after the first year.  This is just something to consider if you are pursuing cooley over another option solely because of a perceived advantage in cost.  Not saying that you will lose the money or that its definite that they have that practice, but its certainly something to keep in mind.

jd2008

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »
Thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind

well, cooley has a fail curve and there are rumors that the stack their sections (one section having mostly scholarship kids so inevitably some are at the bottom of the class despite performing well).  so, its highly likely that if you get an merit based aid it will be gone after the first year.  This is just something to consider if you are pursuing cooley over another option solely because of a perceived advantage in cost.  Not saying that you will lose the money or that its definite that they have that practice, but its certainly something to keep in mind.
[/quote]

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »

California Western is non-profit.