Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First Concord-Educated Attorneys Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court Bar  (Read 14102 times)

Parradox

• View Profile
Re: First Concord-Educated Attorneys Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court Bar
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 10:56:46 AM »
Great discussion!

I agree with Undisputed in this matter. Not all of us wish to engage in the typical practice of law and have established careers; I personally want my JD in lieu of a master's degree. Also, not all of us live near a part-time ABA accredited school nor can we sell our homes, take a sabbatical from work to relocate our families to a viable ABA school. As an example, I am in the military...there is no way I can even satisfy the residency requirements of admission for most schools before I am relocated by uncle sam (never mind actually staying long enough to complete my studies). 

What is undisputed are the financial and employment limitations that attending ANY non ABA accredited school impose (right or wrong). Attending an ABA school is ideal and should be ones first choice...but it is encouraging to see progress and in roads being made within the legal profession by Concord grads.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »
If you want a JD in lieu of a masters why dont you actually get a JD instead of a crappy/expensive piece of paper from a fake school?

Parradox

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 01:06:08 AM »
If you want a JD in lieu of a masters why dont you actually get a JD instead of a crappy/expensive piece of paper from a fake school?

Did you even read my post? I thought I clearly stated my reasons for attending a fake school. Believe me, if I could actually attend a crappy real live cheap accredited law school at night - I would!

BTW, there are dozens of unaccredited (fake?) law schools throughout the country that only allow you to sit for the bar in that particular state. Conocrd just happens to be the first totaly online fake law school that has somehow duped the US Supreme Court into accepting its legitimacy. 

Challenger3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 03:45:18 PM »
I got one or two questions for you. What is the difference in the Faculties of these schools? Do they also give fake instructions?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 06:04:12 PM »
I got one or two questions for you. What is the difference in the Faculties of these schools? Do they also give fake instructions?

My post is like three months old.  Im not re-reading this crap so that I can have an enlightened argument with you.  Online schools dont have the quality of professors and dont provide any job opportunities.  Thats it.  Its a scam and people should seriously think twice about signing up for anything like that.  Non-T14 schools are a huge gamble as it is, unaccredited online schools are almost not even a gamble.  They are a virtually guaranteed loss.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 01:41:46 AM »
Guys, I am an ABA student myself. That being said not all are "fake". Novus is, novus is fake and should be illegal. Taft is DETC accredited and if the US army reconises DETC to make rank and officer status than who are we to tell the army they are wrong?

As for the cry babies who need "regional accrediting" remember that Concord merged with Kaplan and I check with their accrediting agency, that means that Concord is now Regionally accredited. Accept it and move on.