Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC Status Checker -- Anyone Go Decision?  (Read 16092 times)

FreddyPharkas

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GULC Status Checker -- Anyone Go Decision?
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »
I'm going to throw this out there -- the guy/girl who went to decision is bogus.  It makes no sense that only one person would go decision, especially with so many overqualified candidates on this board and transferapps.  Plus, he/she has never posted on here before.

Hopefully we'll get some real decisions this week.

Sorry you feel that way, but I'm not bogus... what would I gain from going on this board and posting bogus decisions? I've never posted here before because I only just found the site when I did a google search for Georgetown decisions. Is it automatic that everyones first or second post is questionable and should be rejected?

I understand your anxious to find out if you got in, believe me I'm in the same boat. Like I said, they are probably getting the obvious rejections out of the way because I'm not as overqualified as others. You know how it works, they're building a strong class so if you are still "complete" you are still in contention for a spot. And yes, I have been trying to log into the admitted students website and it's not giving me access.

You're flame, nice job.

I see you're illiterate also. Did he say that we should question people with only a few posts automatically? Nope. He used the fact that you've never posted here before as a part of his argument. It wasn't some ad hominem attack.

He makes valid points. Out of all the people on this thread and on transferapps waiting for decisions, ONE PERSON gets decision. Unlikely.

Even a cursory glance at the people on transferapps shows that they're debating whether or not you're flame.

Get a life. I'm not one of the GULC hopefuls, but I just had to call you out on your BS because people actually are waiting anxiously for this.

You're pathetic.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »
I'm going to throw this out there -- the guy/girl who went to decision is bogus.  It makes no sense that only one person would go decision, especially with so many overqualified candidates on this board and transferapps.  Plus, he/she has never posted on here before.

Sorry you feel that way, but I'm not bogus... what would I gain from going on this board and posting bogus decisions? I've never posted here before because I only just found the site when I did a google search for Georgetown decisions. Is it automatic that everyones first or second post is questionable and should be rejected?

I understand your anxious to find out if you got in, believe me I'm in the same boat. Like I said, they are probably getting the obvious rejections out of the way because I'm not as overqualified as others. You know how it works, they're building a strong class so if you are still "complete" you are still in contention for a spot. And yes, I have been trying to log into the admitted students website and it's not giving me access.

You're flame, nice job.

I see you're illiterate also. Did he say that we should question people with only a few posts automatically? Nope. He used the fact that you've never posted here before as a part of his argument. It wasn't some ad hominem attack.

He makes valid points. Out of all the people on this thread and on transferapps waiting for decisions, ONE PERSON gets decision. Unlikely.

Even a cursory glance at the people on transferapps shows that they're debating whether or not you're flame.

Get a life. I'm not one of the GULC hopefuls, but I just had to call you out on your BS because people actually are waiting anxiously for this.

You're pathetic.

Wow, talk about jumping the gun.  Is it really that clear that this guy is lying? So what if he's never posted here before? His explanation sounds legitimate. In fact, everything he's saying is plausible, albeit unlikely. 
Keep in mind that everyone that is transferring doesn't necessarily post on LSD or Transferrapps. I wouldn't say we have enough information to start berating him like this.   

FreddyPharkas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2008, 03:55:36 PM »
It is unlikely, extremely unlikely.

With the OCD around here, you KNOW if anyone else on LSD/transferapps would have moved to decision, we would have heard about it.

And certainly not everyone transferring is on transferapps/LSD, but I'd say a pretty representative sample is on here. If anything, the people on here are the types that would hear back first. Don't you agree?

Mark my words, once people really start getting decisions, there will be a flood of people posting about it here and on transferapps.

This is kind of like when there are 1,000 joke threads before the USNWR rankings come out. Sure, MAYBE someone's cousin's mother's roommate's father works there and got the ranking, but the simplest explanation is usually the right one. As is the case with the false rankings and this guy - a lie is the simplest explanation.

However, if it is somehow true, I will apologize, redact my statements, and eat crow.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »
The petty accusations and arguments on this board are always fun to read about.

dbourne

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »

You're flame, nice job.

You're pathetic.

I have to applaude you for being a real credit to the people anxiously awaiting decisions who you are selflessly representing - you are accusing me of wasting peoples time (and my own) by posting on a specific thread to which I have no relation. Believe me, I have better things to do than sit on my computer reading and posting nonesense that doesn't relate to me. Do you really think there is someone out there who is so malicious and hateful toward GULC applicants? Is there any reason that someone would single this group of people out? However, you are not a GULC hopeful and you waste your time following and posting on this board. Interesting. Who needs to get a life?

NYCLIVIN didn't say we should question people with only a few posts automatically, I'll concede that, but he did nothing short of imply it by trying to attack my credibility because I only had a few posts.
Your post, on the other hand, was an ad hominem attack - the kind used in high school.
"Flame - You're pathetic." Wow, really?! That's what you chose to use? Well, your reputation preceeds you.

Also, there are roughly 15 posters on this thread - that is a representative sample of everyone trying to transfer to GULC? It's conceivable that there are more applicants than that.

Short of posting my login info for the GULC status checker, there is nothing more I can say to prove to you and others who are debating whether or not I am a "flame," as you put it, that I have gone to decision at GULC. What I can do is scan and post my rejection letter when it comes in the mail this week.

Until then, start looking for recipes to cook crow.

FreddyPharkas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2008, 10:04:57 PM »

You're flame, nice job.

You're pathetic.

I have to applaude you for being a real credit to the people anxiously awaiting decisions who you are selflessly representing - you are accusing me of wasting peoples time (and my own) by posting on a specific thread to which I have no relation. Believe me, I have better things to do than sit on my computer reading and posting nonesense that doesn't relate to me. Do you really think there is someone out there who is so malicious and hateful toward GULC applicants? Is there any reason that someone would single this group of people out? However, you are not a GULC hopeful and you waste your time following and posting on this board. Interesting. Who needs to get a life?

NYCLIVIN didn't say we should question people with only a few posts automatically, I'll concede that, but he did nothing short of imply it by trying to attack my credibility because I only had a few posts.
Your post, on the other hand, was an ad hominem attack - the kind used in high school.
"Flame - You're pathetic." Wow, really?! That's what you chose to use? Well, your reputation preceeds you.

Also, there are roughly 15 posters on this thread - that is a representative sample of everyone trying to transfer to GULC? It's conceivable that there are more applicants than that.

Short of posting my login info for the GULC status checker, there is nothing more I can say to prove to you and others who are debating whether or not I am a "flame," as you put it, that I have gone to decision at GULC. What I can do is scan and post my rejection letter when it comes in the mail this week.

Until then, start looking for recipes to cook crow.

Lulz. May I recommend Vagisil for your sandy vagina? Is it all itchy and sore?

dbourne

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2008, 10:43:41 PM »

Please tell me that wasn't your rebuttal, Freddy. All of those anxious people that you represent, who are "actually waiting on this", depend on you! Please reassure them that you have something more than disappointing high school attacks and sayings... Please, for their sakes!

Anyway, here is my more immediate solution for those of you that really do have a vested interest and who want to see that GULC is moving on apps.

I hope you all have favorable decisions, good luck.

mike4488

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2008, 11:04:10 PM »
Ahh how beautiful that looks.  Hopefully, I'll get to see that soon.  Congrats.
Boalt Hall '10

FreddyPharkas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 12:12:43 AM »

Please tell me that wasn't your rebuttal, Freddy. All of those anxious people that you represent, who are "actually waiting on this", depend on you! Please reassure them that you have something more than disappointing high school attacks and sayings... Please, for their sakes!

Anyway, here is my more immediate solution for those of you that really do have a vested interest and who want to see that GULC is moving on apps.

I hope you all have favorable decisions, good luck.

Nice work! You made me look like a fool. Congrats, hope you hear back favorably!

nickers30002

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2008, 12:39:17 AM »
Just went decision but cannot login to admitted students site. Is the 4 day estimate on the page accurate?
Stats, T30 school 3.9 GPA, 1