Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC Status Checker -- Anyone Go Decision?  (Read 16475 times)

dbourne

• View Profile
Re: GULC Status Checker -- Anyone Go Decision?
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »
4/4 5:26

Went to Decision today

I sent my app 2/1, but GULC is a FAR reach for me so I'm pretty much guaranteed a rejection. I'm sure they're getting the unworthy ones out of the way and hanging on to the rest.

Those of you still "complete," I'm sure youre still in the running. Hope this helps, good luck to all of you... maybe i'll see you in 2L if i can transfer in

Mind if I ask what your numbers were.  i wouldn't be so sure you got rejected no matter what.  In the past the first waive has always been acceptances.

UGrad 3.74/160; T2, within top 20% - Not exactly competitive with all of you guys.
I really hope you're right about the first wave being acceptances but the way I'm seeing it is a lot like POTUS20. I don't think I'm in contention, it was a shot in the dark for me.

I hope you all get in... best of luck

nyclivin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »
depending on what t2 you are at, those stats, coupled with great LORs and life experience could certainly get you in.  Did you check the admitted students site to see if you have access?

Big Changes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »

Went to Decision today

I sent my app 2/1, but GULC is a FAR reach for me so I'm pretty much guaranteed a rejection. I'm sure they're getting the unworthy ones out of the way and hanging on to the rest.

Those of you still "complete," I'm sure youre still in the running. Hope this helps, good luck to all of you... maybe i'll see you in 2L if i can transfer in

Mind if I ask what your numbers were.  i wouldn't be so sure you got rejected no matter what.  In the past the first waive has always been acceptances.

UGrad 3.74/160; T2, within top 20% - Not exactly competitive with all of you guys.
I really hope you're right about the first wave being acceptances but the way I'm seeing it is a lot like POTUS20. I don't think I'm in contention, it was a shot in the dark for me.

Best of luck to you. I'm in a similar position of despair.

I'm at a T25 about median. However, I am trying to go from FT at my school to PT at GULC, have multiple great LORS from profs I got to know well, was complete early Feb., some great accomplishments at school, and URM. Plus I have great work experience (much of it in DC), ties to DC and very good reasons for wanting to go back, those reasons being why I want PT and not FT. I have a high LSAT (above 75th percentile for my school) and am on a pretty decent scholarship.

I'm really anxious to hear back because my fiancee is there and I'd like to spend the next 3 years with her. We're kind of waiting to hear back so hopefully we can start looking for a place together.

I hope they look past my one poor grade which brought me from top 15-20% to the median. :/

Hmm...Whatever happens, good luck to all of you guys!!

POTUS20

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »

Went to Decision today

Yeah, dude, if you applied to the PT division at GULC you've got a decent shot.  Plus, if you're PT at GULC, you can automatically transfer to FT your second year if you take summer classes.  Consider calling the admissions office and saying you'd be interested in doing that.

Big Changes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2008, 10:47:58 PM »
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can only move from PT to FT after your first year. Thus, if accepted as a GULC transfer PT, you can't switch to FT later.

mike4488

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2008, 10:49:31 PM »
So am I correct in that as far as people on here know only one person has gone to decision so far?
Boalt Hall '10

KC#11

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »
So am I correct in that as far as people on here know only one person has gone to decision so far?

Nothing for me nor some friends who have pretty good numbers at an almost-as-good school.
Potential is just a word for something you haven't done yet.

POTUS20

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 11:24:11 PM »
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can only move from PT to FT after your first year. Thus, if accepted as a GULC transfer PT, you can't switch to FT later.

Hence why I said you could automatically transfer your second year. 

nyclivin

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »
I'm going to throw this out there -- the guy/girl who went to decision is bogus.  It makes no sense that only one person would go decision, especially with so many overqualified candidates on this board and transferapps.  Plus, he/she has never posted on here before.

Hopefully we'll get some real decisions this week.

dbourne

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
I'm going to throw this out there -- the guy/girl who went to decision is bogus.  It makes no sense that only one person would go decision, especially with so many overqualified candidates on this board and transferapps.  Plus, he/she has never posted on here before.

Hopefully we'll get some real decisions this week.

Sorry you feel that way, but I'm not bogus... what would I gain from going on this board and posting bogus decisions? I've never posted here before because I only just found the site when I did a google search for Georgetown decisions. Is it automatic that everyones first or second post is questionable and should be rejected?

I understand your anxious to find out if you got in, believe me I'm in the same boat. Like I said, they are probably getting the obvious rejections out of the way because I'm not as overqualified as others. You know how it works, they're building a strong class so if you are still "complete" you are still in contention for a spot. And yes, I have been trying to log into the admitted students website and it's not giving me access.