Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just curious...are there any school that don't grade on a curve and distribute  (Read 646 times)

marcusbarnes30

• View Profile
    • Email
grade as earned like they do in every other grad school

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Most schools don't curve a lot of upper level classes, but I've never heard of a school that has no curved classes.  Some schools don't grade at all though, so that might be your best bet.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Most schools don't curve a lot of upper level classes, but I've never heard of a school that has no curved classes.  Some schools don't grade at all though, so that might be your best bet.

really? thats got to be nice.  Mine curves everything but it is on a more favorable curve as you get to the upper level seminar classes.

Northeastern doesnt grade at all but instead gives you a written review at the end of each semester.  Therefore, no curved classes.  However, try bringing a bunch of written reviews to OCI in place of a resume and see how far that goes. 

yale=no grades (just some pass, highpass stuff).  equally competitive, still sort of a curve.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
grade as earned like they do in every other grad school

Odd.  Most of the grad students I know report that their schools utilize a curve.
It prevents too many F's and A's and provides some consistency (by avoiding situations where one teacher gives all A's and another only gives C's).  Plus, it makes some sense in terms of ranking students versus each other.
To my knowledge, most law schools use a curve.
Justice is tangy....

ronaldo699

• View Profile
rutgers newark has some system that doesnt rank i think..