Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: law review write on competition  (Read 8422 times)

tribelaw

• View Profile
law review write on competition
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »
anyone have any tips to prepare?  The competition consists of 1) 10 page comment, 2) editing exercise, and 3) blue booking exercise.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: law review write on competition
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:32:52 PM »
You can't really prepare, not to mention you are likely violating the rules for asking for help dip sh#t.  Do your own work.

tribelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »
did you really get into law school with logic like that?

violating rules? its called asking for ways to prepare.  It is no more cheating than anyone else asking how to prepare for the lsat, for exams, etc.  Heck, people on this board routinely help each other *write* cover letters, application essays, etc.  Yet you want to get on my case for asking how to *prepare* for the competition?

get a grip.

mutual_biscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 08:19:38 PM »
Asking questions on how to prepare for write-on competition? What a ridiculous question. I recommend enrolling in some 1st year undergraduate English composition courses and reading ALWD/Bluebook cover to cover.

Have fun with that. 

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »

violating rules? its called asking for ways to prepare.  It is no more cheating than anyone else asking how to prepare for the lsat, for exams, etc.  Heck, people on this board routinely help each other *write* cover letters, application essays, etc.  Yet you want to get on my case for asking how to *prepare* for the competition?

get a grip.

My guess is a)I attend a more respected law school than you do, and b)I have a biglaw gig lined up, what about you?  My guess is no or you wouldn't be worrying about journal competition.....

Funny how you question how I got into law school based on my calling you out.  Meanwhile my "logic" performance on the LSAT probably blew yours away jerk off.

tribelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »
and yet you've added nothing of substance so far.

good job.

mike4488

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »

get a grip.

My guess is a)I attend a more respected law school than you do, and b)I have a biglaw gig lined up, what about you?  My guess is no or you wouldn't be worrying about journal competition.....

Funny how you question how I got into law school based on my calling you out.  Meanwhile my "logic" performance on the LSAT probably blew yours away jerk off.

Haha.  I was waiting until I could hear about 2L Man's big law job he has lined up again.  Jesus Christ dude everybody on this board knows that you have a big law job lined up.  You find a way to include it in every single post that you make.  Newsflash nobody cares and nobody thinks more highly of you because you do.
Boalt Hall '10

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
As you can tell, there is no way to prepare for the write-on competition.  Just keep in mind what they're looking for - Someone who can write and cite-check very well. The ten page paper does not have to be a legal masterpiece, but it should be clear and well-supported.  I wish mine had been limited to only ten pages.   

POTUS20

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »

get a grip.

I haven't been posting on here for long, but it's painfully obvious that 2Lman is a real feminine hygiene product bag.  Oh hey, is it true you got a biglaw job?  Nobody gives an F.  2Lman, I have an announcement: You are what people hate about lawyers.  Do the rest of us a favor and stop being a prick.  Thank you.

tribelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »
As you can tell, there is no way to prepare for the write-on competition.  Just keep in mind what they're looking for - Someone who can write and cite-check very well. The ten page paper does not have to be a legal masterpiece, but it should be clear and well-supported.  I wish mine had been limited to only ten pages.   

Thank you.