Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New College of Law  (Read 6027 times)

jd2008

• View Profile
New College of Law
« on: March 23, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »
I noticed that several non-aba approved law schools are still nationally and regionally accredited in addition to being state accredited or state approved. One of them WAS "New College" now I notice that their website is down, and they are not regionally accredited anymore. I also notice that Astrive student loans no longer offers loans for them either. That is odd to me since other non-aba ones such as "northern cal law" that are not regional but state accredited are on Astrive's loan approved list. Any one have any more info on this?

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: New College of Law
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:04:50 PM »
All I can say is I'm glad they started a new college of law.

I was getting so sick of the old one!
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

FreddyPharkas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
This is common for non-accredited schools and distance education schools. I remember one that only had like 4 professors, all of whom went to T4s, that got shut down.

Another reason why attending these types of schools is risky business. You may get your diploma one day and then the school is shut down the next.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »
That and the fact that your "diploma" isn't worth *&^% in the real world.......  T3 grads have enough trouble finding jobs let alone a non accredited toilet bowl.

FreddyPharkas

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »
That and the fact that your "diploma" isn't worth *&^% in the real world.......  T3 grads have enough trouble finding jobs let alone a non accredited toilet bowl.

lol @ -71 rep for speaking the truth. Way to go, brother.

jd2008

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 04:08:55 PM »
New college was accredited and a physical university not online. State accredited(not just bar approved) regionally accredited, and all on campus with many non law programs. Just becuase it's not ABA approved dosn't make it non-accredited or online. It still got full state and federal financial aid untill shut down.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is common for non-accredited schools and distance education schools. I remember one that only had like 4 professors, all of whom went to T4s, that got shut down.

Another reason why attending these types of schools is risky business. You may get your diploma one day and then the school is shut down the next.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:37:12 PM »
Getting state funding hardly equates to being worth anything.  It's a scam school.  Fall for it if you wish.  If your credentials are low enough to consider this cess pool, then you need to be looking at other professions.

jd2008

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »
So then you consider regional accrediting to be "low". It should be noted that some ABA schools are not even regionally accredited such as AVE Maria which is only nationally accredited. Last I checked regional accrediting meant a lot actually.

Getting state funding hardly equates to being worth anything.  It's a scam school.  Fall for it if you wish.  If your credentials are low enough to consider this cess pool, then you need to be looking at other professions.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 07:03:33 PM »
So then you consider regional accrediting to be "low". It should be noted that some ABA schools are not even regionally accredited such as AVE Maria which is only nationally accredited. Last I checked regional accrediting meant a lot actually.

Let me know how well that degree works out for you.  If you can't use it, my bird always needs new poopie paper.

NYC2L

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 07:04:53 PM »
Ave Maria is an invalid example because it is as much s***hole as New College of Law. Any school that struggles with accreditation--the most basic component of a law school--should be avoided like the plague. The fact that one is only accredited nationally while the other only locally merely indicates that they are both awful.