Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visiting a school for your 3rd and final year of law school..  (Read 909 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
I already posted this in the general board but thought i would post here too.

I'm curious to hear about experiences of students Visiting another law school for their 3rd and final year of law school?? How was the transition? Was it worth it?? For visiting you still get your home school degree but can take courses at another school. It is like studying abroad with another school. Grades don't count toward home school gpa, but you need a C in the class to get credit.....

If transfering doesn't work or isn't an options, visiting is another shot to go into the location where you plan to practice.

Gracias
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting a school for your 3rd and final year of law school..
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »

What city do you want to end up going?  Which schools are you considering? 

One thing you have to take into consideration is cost, especially when you're currently paying in-state tuition at your current law school. 

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 01:18:33 PM »

One thing you have to take into consideration is cost, especially when you're currently paying in-state tuition at your current law school. 

Cost is not much of a concern most of the schools are around the same b/c they are privite or would be less b/c there is a public school there. Right now i'm paying out of state tutition. If I am able to visit a school in my home state I could live closer to home and for much cheaper especially if i can go the school which has instate tuition.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »

Cost is not much of a concern most of the schools are around the same b/c they are privite or would be less b/c there is a public school there. Right now i'm paying out of state tutition. If I am able to visit a school in my home state I could live closer to home and for much cheaper especially if i can go the school which has instate tuition.

You didn't answer any of my above questions.