Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone visited another school for their 3rd year??  (Read 419 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Has anyone visited another school for their 3rd year??
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
I'm curious to hear about experiences of students Visiting another law school for their 3rd and final year of law school?? How was the transition? Was it worth it?? For visiting you still get your home school degree but can take courses at another school. It is like studying abroad with another school. Grades don't count toward home school gpa, but you need a C in the class to get credit.....

Gracias
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Lampshade Punk

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Even in the quietest moments."
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone visited another school for their 3rd year??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »
I'm curious to hear about experiences of students Visiting another law school for their 3rd and final year of law school?? How was the transition? Was it worth it?? For visiting you still get your home school degree but can take courses at another school. It is like studying abroad with another school. Grades don't count toward home school gpa, but you need a C in the class to get credit.....

Gracias

Is it possible to visit another school for two years? 

mike4488

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone visited another school for their 3rd year??
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »

Gracias

Is it possible to visit another school for two years? 

Yeah, this is called transferring.  You have to attend your degree granting institution for at least two years to receive a degree from that school.
Boalt Hall '10