Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which campus is best?  (Read 4457 times)

swtsoysauce

• View Profile
Which campus is best?
« on: March 20, 2008, 10:36:43 AM »
Just wondering for those already at cooley, which campus is overall better to be at for those coming out of state.

marsius

• View Profile
Re: Which campus is best?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:22:56 AM »
I can't really say which school is academically better or which one you might be more likely to find a job out of (though I've heard rumors that Lansing is the best).

Socially, though, Grand Rapids easily takes the cake.  It's pretty easy to find cheap places to live and the Grand Rapids area is one of the best spots for 20 somethings in Michigan.  There are numerous excellent bars, a relatively young population, a ton of colleges and universities in the area (including my Alma Mater) and, again, it's cheap!  Plus, with so many firms in the area I can't imagine it being super hard to find a summer job.

likeitmatters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:50:15 PM »
i've only seen the auburn hills campus, but its kinda ghetto.  i think they're building a new law building out there tho, so that might be nice.  a friend of a friend who goes to Cooley told me that the Grand Rapids campus is the best, and is considered their "main" or "flagship" campus.

jd4me2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 02:03:16 AM »
I've been at the Lansing campus for six terms. The students are generally pretty friendly and I've made some great friends. No matter what campus you choose, you will be with the same students for the first three terms so reach out to people - they will keep you sane! Be warned, the first year is really tough.

TimMitchell

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:00:48 AM »