Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Curve? What does that end up meaning?  (Read 4581 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Curve? What does that end up meaning?
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 01:20:27 PM »
With the rest of the pheasants?

And get that chip off your shoulder.  NONE of us had the money to attend "premier" law schools.  (OK, may be 2 people in my class.)  The rest of us have $150,000 in LOANS. 

We just decided to look at law school as a relatively short-term investment with high returns instead of just minimizing up-front costs and getting lower returns.

very true.  I had very little money before attending and live entirely off of loans, well, until this summer when I make bank cause I went to a good school. 

I consider myself a pheasant.  They are cool animals.

oh, and canyasaydamn, first you say you got accepted to a top 25, then you say you got accepted to UVA which is not a top 25 as it is a t14?  I call flame on this whole post.  If you got into UVA I would assume you were smart enough to understand the concept of a curve anyway. 

Oh, and I used to live in a trailer, and it was significantly bigger then the studio I live in now, so I dont get what that whole comment means or has to do with anything. 

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
I love how people who are just getting paid less love to throw the people and quality of life argument.  Making less doesn't necessarily mean that you're working less.

Rich people have families and friends and are all sitting in front of the TV with a beer and their brackets all weekend too.

DuckHuntinLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »
See, I can make fantasy generalizations as well.

Well, at least you learned something in law school.

I already have a good career and profession.

Doubt it.

While it may make you feel better to pretend I'll end up in a ditch somewhere,

Yes, it does make me feel better.

the reality is that simply isn't the case.

Good way to make God laugh.

Keep dreaming on being that 1 out of 100 at your school that actually makes six figures.....

You have know idea what you're talking about, friendo. Enjoy the pigeon hole.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 02:47:35 PM »
how does working for a large law firm have anythign to do with being pigeon holed?  the options are endless after working there.  So many people do government, public service, teaching, solo work, etc.   You also have the option to do whatever area you want as the firms have so many practice groups.

I think you just have an obsession with birds between the pheasant and now the pigeon reference.

and, 2Lman has a great job lined up and has a great career right now (I know him personally).  I know this cause he throws it in my face all the time and calls me a slacker  :P

DuckHuntinLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
I don't really have a horse in this race, but I'll keep humoring you. If you read the whole thread, you would have realized that I said DICKHEADS get pigeon-holed, and that fella sounds like a dickhead. That's why I started with the whole-pigeon hole thing.

I think you just have an obsession with birds between the pheasant and now the pigeon reference.

Uh, I didn't say nothin about no pheasant, pigeon-boy. But I like huntin them too.

and, 2Lman has a great job lined up and has a great career right now (I know him personally).
Well, I feel sorry for you then. 

I know this cause he throws it in my face all the time and calls me a slacker  :P

Well, that sounds about right.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
hahah, now you are talking about horses.  I want to keep responding and see what other animal analogies you have.

DuckHuntinLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »
I'm sorry. I don't have time to make up anymore animal analogies. I'm busier than a two-peckered billy goat. ;D

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 06:40:39 PM »
Busy doing what?  Mass mailing your resume to public interest groups in hopes that SOMEONE wants someone with your amazing TTT credentials?   :D

DuckHuntinLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
Huh...you just made me think of another animal analogy: JACKASS.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »
wow thorc-  if UVA is #10 or even #24 or even #1 - its a top 25, now isn't it?  but i'm sure you are smart enough to figure that out, now aren't you.  why do people think im an idiot for not going?  I don't care!  i will have zero debt when i leave my third tier "toilet" and so i've already made 100K or so.  I think that's a damn good financial decision if i do say so myself.  but then again, what do i know- apparently i can't even count to 25...
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus