Law School Discussion

Curve? What does that end up meaning?

Re: Curve? What does that end up meaning?
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 10:03:29 PM »
AMEN

And i have friends that graduated from T-4 and T-3 schools who are doing quite well.  I really think it is a case by case basis.  Anyways, I'm probably staying where im at, if i do try to transfer, the schools im looking at are ranked 80-100 so not sure if its worth it.  And who knows, I might not even be top 25 after this semester as hard as fukc as it is...oh how i hate the RAP!!
[/quote]

I think you are almost better being in the top whatever percent at your school then transferring to that range unless you can find something closer to the geographic area you want to practice in.

The best thing about the RAP is that you will never ever use that *&^% again and probably wont even remember it.

If you want, PM me your email address and I have a great outline that really breaks it down into somewhat comprehendable form (at least as much so as property can be).

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 11:08:50 PM »

The best thing about the RAP is that you will never ever used that *&^% again and probably wont even remember it.

If you want, PM me your email address and I have a great outline that really breaks it down into somewhat comprehendable form (at least as much so as property can be).

I actually spoke to an attorney I know recently who has been practicing for 40 years.  He told me that he hasn't had one single RAP case yet.

1LMan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 08:08:39 AM »
The sad reality of law school is that 90% of what you "learn" won't help you in practice.  Law school teaches you how to think, nothing more.

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
The sad reality of law school is that 90% of what you "learn" won't help you in practice.  Law school teaches you how to think, nothing more.

yea, i should have gotten one of those online law degrees (you know the emails saying that you can get a degree based on your current knowledge), then just gone to like automotive or message school so i could have developed practical skills. 

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 10:36:28 AM »

yea, i should have gotten one of those online law degrees (you know the emails saying that you can get a degree based on your current knowledge), then just gone to like automotive or message school so i could have developed practical skills. 

Hey, in this economy, I think being able to give clients "special" massages might very well increase the profitability of your firm and make you an attractive hire for anyone!

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »

The best thing about the RAP is that you will never ever used that *&^% again and probably wont even remember it.

I actually spoke to an attorney I know recently who has been practicing for 40 years.  He told me that he hasn't had one single RAP case yet.

Is he a real estate lawyer?

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »

Nope.
Criminal Defense.
No one BUT real estate lawyers deal with RAP, and even then, it's limited.

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 07:32:45 AM »

Nope.
Criminal Defense.

What is your point then? Yeah, you don't use everything you learn in law school, thanks. Law school is not bout giving you the information you need to be a lawyer, because the law changes too fast. It is about giving the skills.

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:46 PM »

Nope.
Criminal Defense.

What is your point then? Yeah, you don't use everything you learn in law school, thanks. Law school is not bout giving you the information you need to be a lawyer, because the law changes too fast. It is about giving the skills.
Point taken.
I was merely voicing a recent fact I had learned while discussing law school with an attorney.  It is absolutely true that most attorney's don't use much of what they learned as law in the practice of law.
My point was to agree with the previous poster who said "the best thing about RAP is that you will never ever used (sic) that *&^% again and probably wont even remember it."
Cheers.

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »
booo... you had to add the sic in, lol, now i feel obligated to go back and change my original statement and make it correct.