Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where to have dinner  (Read 732 times)

John Galt

• View Profile
Where to have dinner
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »
I have been offered dinner at the following locations: pizza at a friend's house or hambergers at another's. I haven't had pizza in about 3 weeks, and they are ordering from my favorite place, but I do love a good burger too and my in-laws offer a full ride there. I want to work in BigLaw. My stats:

Height: 6'1"
Weight 228 lbs.
Dietary restrictions: None

lawgirl442

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where to have dinner
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »
Given your stats, it seems that you could probably go either way, as far as calories/nutrition go.  Depending on the preparation of the burger, it may or may not offer you fewer calories than pizza.  But again, given your stats, you probably don't need to worry that much either way.

So, it really depends on what you want to do AFTER your meal. Are you hoping to stay in the vicinity of the pizza friend's house?  If your longer term plans are to hang out with that friend or to do some shopping/errands after eating, then I'd suggest going the pizza route. 

On the other hand, you will probably have to chip in for the pizza,or depending on the stinginess of your friend, pay for all of it.  A free ride on the burger may be totally worth it, depending on how much you want a burger relative to how much you want pizza. 

However, if you're going for BigLaw, which you said you are, I think you'd almost have to go with the pizza.  Firms like to see that you have friends and a life, versus mooching off your in-laws and eating dinner with parental figures.  But I guess it really comes down to the money/location issues.
UVA '10

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 02:59:23 PM »
This is clearly a flame. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY who hasn't eaten pizza in three weeks would turn down his FAVORITE pizza. Nice try, OP.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »
Just go where you want to eat.  Everyone tries to eat pizza and then think they can just transfer to a burger.  Its very difficult to transfer to burgers.  Make sure your ok with eating pizza if you go for pizza--there are no guarantees of being able to transfer foods.

mtfbwy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »
This is the best thread I have ever seen on LSD.  xferlawstudnet's comment actually made me laugh out loud.  Thanks.

RandyJay419

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 04:22:56 PM »
This is the best thread I have ever seen on LSD.  xferlawstudnet's comment actually made me laugh out loud.  Thanks.

Seconded!
Northwestern '11
------------------------------
"A lawyer's time and advice is his stock in trade." 
     -Abraham Lincoln