Law School Discussion

# of OCI interviews and employers

vaplaugh

Re: # of OCI interviews and employers
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »
35>5.

But you should also look at how the OCIs are done.  If it's by firms select, then there's a good chance the same 15 kids will get interviews with most of the firms.  Unless you're one of the top students, you can count yourself out probably. 

At either of these schools, you should not expect to be hired through OCI.  Honestly, these are both extremely low numbers of employers at OCI.

Seconded.  This may seem like a large disparity, but it probably won't benefit you much to attend the school with betters numbers (unless we know more about the schools and your personal goals).

35>5?

not so much here. 35 OCIs (i bet over half are public interest) might as well be 5.  out of those 35, maybe, just maybe a handful will actually end up hiring someone from your school.  There is no "large disparity," between 35 and 5, in fact, there is probably no disparity at all. 

my 1l school had about 35 ocis for 350 2Ls.  my current school has about 250 ocis for about 125 2ls.

Yeah... "may seem like a large disparity" and "it probably won't benefit you much" = "may seem like, but actually not, a large disparity."  We agree.

craven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »
The number of OCI slots should not be a factor in your consideration of those two schools.  If you're looking at schools with 35, 5, and 235 slots, then the number of slots should become a factor.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 11:58:24 AM »
Although I'd be pretty worried about a school that can only convince 5 - FIVE? - employers to even bother to come and interview its students...