Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: bad ECONOMY = bad FALL 2008 OCIs?  (Read 10362 times)

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: bad ECONOMY = bad FALL 2008 OCIs?
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »
With regards to the firms being the most profitable.... They are also some of the most selective and therefore are courting H,Y,S grads and possibly throwing out MUCH more money in terms of clerkship bonuses, recruitment efforts, etc . . . .
the clerkship is true but not a huge amount of money, but they are definitely not dropping a lot more money in recruiting, since everybody knows who they are and wants to work there.

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2008, 04:34:49 PM »
1) the point about those three firms was you said I don't know anything about you. I was pointing out that from your previous posts I do know a few things about you. Secondly, the DC firms I named are the most profitable of the DC firms and the ones most likely to be able to make money off of lower year associates. I did not hear the information from a firm reception but from a presentation by a known expert. And Covington, Wilmer, and Willams are the firms in Washington that count.

my firm counts too, and it isnt covington, wilmer, or williams.
[/quote]

sorry bout that comment, trying to get under 2lman's skin

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »
In case you haven't noticed, nobody on here gets under my skin lol.  It's an internet discussion forum dude. 

GA-fan

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2008, 08:35:47 AM »
I've had this math explained to me by senior partner at two vault firms, not that I expect you to believe me.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »
My thoughts are still like the above poster stated, obviously the firm wants you to believe that you are a huge investment with no profit margin.... That doesn't make it true.

Best-Legal-Aid.com

• Check out www.Best-Legal-Aid.com for free advice
    • View Profile
    • Best-Legal-Aid.com
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »
A down economy just means that firms are trimming the fat.  It doesn't matter whether they are partners or associates.  When you apply, you just have to apply more broadly because there are no guarantees in this market.
Check out www.Best-Legal-Aid.com for free advice on passing law school and the bar exam!