Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: State with "Easiest" Bar Exam  (Read 17844 times)

lawdawg9

• View Profile
State with "Easiest" Bar Exam
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:27:47 PM »
I am military and have the luxury of choosing where I want to take the bar exam.  I already plan on taking another state's exam after I pass an initial exam.  My question is which state is known to have a less difficult exam?  I'd prefer to take a 2 day exam. 

Flashman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: State with "Easiest" Bar Exam
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 02:59:49 PM »
Well, I have to say Michigan's is not too bad.  Two day exam, multi-state on Wednesday and 15 short essays on state law on Tuesday.  If you score 150 or better on the multi-state they don't even score your state essays, you get an automatic pass.  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed by any stretch and I worked full time during the summer, so at best I was able to study 25-30 hours a week for the bar, and I multi-stated out.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 03:03:26 PM »
Way to set such high standards for yourself OP.  I'm sure your "easiest way out" approach will serve you well as an attorney.  Where do you attend law school?

lawdawg9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »
2L - I hope your comment isn't directed toward me.  I have a reason for passing and receiving results as soon as possible.  Like I said, I'm already planning on taking another state's bar as soon as I have been admitted elsewhere.  As far as where I go to law school, none of your business.  I don't subscribe to the pedantry that runs rampant on this board.

Flashman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
Way to set such high standards for yourself OP.  I'm sure your "easiest way out" approach will serve you well as an attorney.  Where do you attend law school?

Jesus, 2L, is this what you do for fun?  I've seen two posts from you on two different threads in five minutes where all you do is take a big steamy *&^%.  You probably need a new hobby like kicking puppies, or something.  Why don't you go back to studying Secured Transactions so you can get that C we all know you're capable of.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »

Jesus, 2L, is this what you do for fun?  I've seen two posts from you on two different threads in five minutes where all you do is take a big steamy *&^%.  You probably need a new hobby like kicking puppies, or something.  Why don't you go back to studying Secured Transactions so you can get that C we all know you're capable of.

Funny that you try to act as if you know what my grades are and act all big and bad when you are the unemployed one.  I have a Biglaw SA lined up....... Obviously your comments are just blind shots in the dark, eh?

lawdawg9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 03:24:35 PM »
I am military and have the luxury of choosing where I want to take the bar exam.  I already plan on taking another state's exam after I pass an initial exam.  My question is which state is known to have a less difficult exam?  I'd prefer to take a 2 day exam.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
I've heard that MD's is pretty easy, though I bet there are some mid-western states that are probably a breeze as they are desperate to get attorneys in-state. 

Flashman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »

Funny that you try to act as if you know what my grades are and act all big and bad when you are the unemployed one.  I have a Biglaw SA lined up....... Obviously your comments are just blind shots in the dark, eh?

Wow, that sounds like classic compensation for a guy with a small penis.  Of course, only your mom knows for sure, right?  You just can't wait for people to know you have a "Biglaw" job lined up; I can see you're practically bursting to get that out.  Color me impressed.  ::)
The funny thing is that you think I or anyone else would possibly give two shits about what you've got lined up.  Let me guess, you drive a Camaro and your girlfriend was the prom queen, too.  Anything else you're dying to let us all know so we can sit back and be amazed at what a great guy you are?

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 06:23:49 PM »
I've heard that MD's is pretty easy, though I bet there are some mid-western states that are probably a breeze as they are desperate to get attorneys in-state. 

I'm not really sure what you think of the midwest, but Ohio's bar is known to be a tough one.

Oh wait ... except I totally forgot we take it while riding cows, b/c you know ... here in the "midwest" there aren't many people.   ::)