Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MPRE EXAM THIS SATURDAY!  (Read 7071 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
MPRE EXAM THIS SATURDAY!
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
HI all

I like may of your i'm sure are planning to take the MPRE exam this saturday. I have no clue what kind of score I need to pass. I know every state is different. Right now all i'v been doing is taking practice exams from Barbri. I'm just trying to figure out how many I need to get correct. IT is really annoying b/c i have no clue where to begin since it is out of 60 and 10 questions don't count!! Of course i'll shoot for 60 right, but that isn't happening!

To anyone who has taken the exam before. Do you remember how many you got right when practicing?? ANd what your scale score was and how many you got correct?  PA requries a 75 scaled score and I have no clue how many I need to do well!

Any info would be great. And i'm sure there are others planning to take the exam and would like to learn as much as possible about it.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

sir_scott

• View Profile
Re: MPRE EXAM THIS SATURDAY!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »
I was getting like 50 of 60 on practice BarBri.  Scored 141.  Not sure how many I got right on real exam.  I think the BarBri video said mid 30's is needed on average to get an 85 (score I needed), because it is a curved score.  I studied about 25hrs for it, and in hindsight probably 15 hrs is plenty if you did decent in PR.  If you were below the curve in your PR class, then I would suggest more studying.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:34:11 PM »
75? You are lucky.  CO requires an 85.  My ethics professor told us that the scale usually works out to where you need between 30 and 35 to get to the 85.  Getting 35 or above right essentially guarantees a pass.  I'm not sure if that helps you, but that's all I've got...
2L

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »
Don't get so excited, it's not that big of a deal. Spend a day or two going over the BarBri stuff and you'll probably be fine.

And if you're not fine, you can retake in August. (Although I wouldn't want to retake right after the bar...but it's still not such a big deal.)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »
75? You are lucky.  CO requires an 85.  My ethics professor told us that the scale usually works out to where you need between 30 and 35 to get to the 85.  Getting 35 or above right essentially guarantees a pass.  I'm not sure if that helps you, but that's all I've got...

30 to 35 for an 85 makes me feel better if that is correct. My barbri lecturer said 32 to 38 for a pass and i'm in law school in Indiana, which you need an 80 so i'd assume that that is the bracket for an 80. So we'l see.

I need to do more practicse exams, i did the one on the mpre website first that was a lot easier than the on in the barbri book. I did 5 better on the website with only 50 questions, the barbri book gives 60. I'm reading through all the right and wrong answers. Of course this is taking forever!! OMG LSAT nightmares returns!!.... " practice exams, silent timer, # 2 pencils. oh my" lol DAMIT 
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »
If you think this is bad, wait until you take the MBE. MPRE is nothing, relatively.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 12:15:09 AM »
If you think this is bad, wait until you take the MBE. MPRE is nothing, relatively.

I know!! i couldn't agree with you more!! OMG!!! That is going to be a miserable time in my life!!

nabisco

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »

30 to 35 for an 85 makes me feel better if that is correct. My barbri lecturer said 32 to 38 for a pass and i'm in law school in Indiana, which you need an 80 so i'd assume that that is the bracket for an 80. So we'l see.

Do you know if those ranges are out of 50 questions or the full 60?  I need a score of 80.  Thanks!

nabisco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
I found this info on the NCBEX web site, http://www.ncbex.org/uploads/user_docrepos/750106_Testing.pdf

For the November 2005 MPRE, these standards
required the following percent correct scores:
75    48%
77    50%
79    51%
80    52%
85    53%
86    54%
Across all three administrations of the MPRE in
2005, the pass/fail standard ranged from requiring
between 48 and 60 percent of the questions correct.

mtfbwy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »
Thanks for the info/link.  Helps to calm my nerves (a bit).  Good luck.