Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how long to receive decision after call back?  (Read 3798 times)

crumbbum

how long to receive decision after call back?
« on: March 03, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
I did a callback interview friday from an OCI, and like any good law student i've become absolutely neurotic waiting to hear back.  How long does it usually take to receive a yes/no (if there is a usual time)?  Thanks

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: how long to receive decision after call back?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »
Depends on the size of the firm and when the recruiting committee meets.  If it is a big firm, usually once per week.  Then, generally within 1 week you will hear, 2 max.  You should hear something come Friday if you got an offer.

GA-fan

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »
last summer, mine took over a month after teh callback. recruiting committees meet less often during spring, so it could be a while.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »
last summer, mine took over a month after teh callback. recruiting committees meet less often during spring, so it could be a while.

This is the exception, not the rule dude.  Especially for biglaw.

GoGoPogo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »
I did a callback interview friday from an OCI, and like any good law student i've become absolutely neurotic waiting to hear back.  How long does it usually take to receive a yes/no (if there is a usual time)?  Thanks

They will call back within 5.6 days, that's exactly how every firm does it and exactly the callback time you should expect from the firm you interviewed with.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 09:34:43 PM »
Some firms have called me same day or next day.  Others have waited 3-4 business days.  The longest I've waited is 6 business days.

crumbbum

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
Still haven't heard anything, which I'm taking as a no.  Any point in emailing/calling to express interest or see what's up?  Any more funny/creative jokes from gogopogo?

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »
Give it one more week before following up.  It is very well possible that the recruiting committee only meets every other week this late in the game. 

In all reality, following-up won't change anything anyway.  They will meet with the recruiting committee when they meet and then they will issue a decision.  Your contacting the recruiting coordinator isn't going to change anything.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »
Agree with 2L man, mostly. But you can change a decision time by following up when you have an exploding offer. 

crumbbum

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »
Thanks guys.