Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Year 3 Ain't Easy  (Read 3773 times)

LawSchoolStrategies.com

• View Profile
    • Law School Strategies.com
    • Email
Re: Year 3 Ain't Easy
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »
I'm posting because I've gone through the whole law school experience and am now a practicing attorney with a lot of insights about the journey. I've worked for the state and worked in BigLaw so I have that experience as well. I believe I have something valuable to offer, and I'm doing it mostly because I enjoy helping law students succeed in law school. But yes, I also have written a short e-book and am selling it on my website. But that shouldn't take away from the advice I give on this discussion board and my blog. I certainly don't need the tiny bit of money I earn from the Google ads on my blog or my e-book. I'm here because I think I can help and I enjoy offering advice about law school and law careers.

And it looks like I already have a negative reputation score. Not sure what the criteria is for negatively ranking somebody on this site. Anyway, hope to help on any other questions people have. Will be looking around on the board for anything I can help with.
www.LawSchoolStrategies.com
Visit us for strategies and advice on succeeding in law school.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
Wow, pretty harsh responses for a fair question. I completely agree that while you are much more law school savvy in your third year, motivation is harder and the course material is often harder as well. Also, at least at my school, we were still graded on a curve. So while I was much better at performing in exams, so was everybody else. I think the biggest reason why third year gets the reputation that it does is because while it may not be that much easier, your grades count WAY less than they did in your first year. Most students at the top schools already have jobs lined up and I'm betting it would take pretty bad grades for an employer to revoke an offer (any stories?). But for students that don't have an offer lined up, I would not get complacent in their third year.

Just my two cents.

I'd be curious to hear any stories too.  THey said in high school that if you got poor grades your senior year, colleges would revoke...but I dont' know of anybody that actually happend to...

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »
It's kind of like pimpin in that regard...
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 02:17:11 PM »
I'm posting because I've gone through the whole law school experience and am now a practicing attorney with a lot of insights about the journey. I've worked for the state and worked in BigLaw so I have that experience as well. I believe I have something valuable to offer, and I'm doing it mostly because I enjoy helping law students succeed in law school. But yes, I also have written a short e-book and am selling it on my website. But that shouldn't take away from the advice I give on this discussion board and my blog. I certainly don't need the tiny bit of money I earn from the Google ads on my blog or my e-book. I'm here because I think I can help and I enjoy offering advice about law school and law careers.

And it looks like I already have a negative reputation score. Not sure what the criteria is for negatively ranking somebody on this site. Anyway, hope to help on any other questions people have. Will be looking around on the board for anything I can help with.

Guess that's what you get for trying to help!

RickLax