Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring after 2L year, is it possible?  (Read 1039 times)

bamboo1983

• View Profile
Transferring after 2L year, is it possible?
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:28:49 PM »
I know I've seen threads on this topic before, but can't remember what the consensus was.  Can one transfer after his/her second year, and thereby repeat his/her second year at the new law school?  Will law schools actually consider accepteing such an applicant, and under what circumstances? Thanks.

ronaldo699

• View Profile
Re: Transferring after 2L year, is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 07:22:56 AM »
i looked into it, and every school i found said no... however, only looked at about 5..

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:55:37 AM »
There used to be someone on this Board who did it at Chicago, but I think its a huge waste of money.  I can't see any good reason to add another year to law school regardless of how much of a rankings jump you make.

You may want to consider visiting at another school for your third year.  This will typically give you access to the school's OCI and career services office, although you will still graduate from your current school.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but I think adding another year to your JD is a big mistake.

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »
Call the school you want to transfer to and ask.  Schools bend admission policies all the time.