Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Army JAG Internship- Interview/Application - Anyone?  (Read 6771 times)

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Army JAG Internship- Interview/Application - Anyone?
« on: February 21, 2008, 02:52:26 PM »
I am a 1L with ok grades and I just had an interview with an ARMY JAG captain- i guess it went ok.  
My question is to anyone who has either interviewed or applied to JAG summer internship- and has been accepted or rejected.  I am curious as to the weight of "soft" factors they look at.  I went to military college (suspended my commission for later date), have little work experience and some volunteer- im involved in a few clubs and organizations here at school- street law, CLS and moot court.  Just want to touch base with anyone with experience

Thanks.  
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Army JAG Internship- Interview/Application - Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:52:10 PM »
I can't answer your questions, despite my screenname, as I am starting school in August, but would you mind sharing, or PM if you don't feel comfortable, what they interview was like and what sort of things they asked you?  I will be happy to share what other info I have about the JAGC I know off-line.
Proving there is redemption in this world...

zeenarahman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 03:29:08 PM »
I am a 1L as well. I just found out yesterday that I was accepted to the Army Jag internship. The major who interviewed me called me to tell me I got in. According to a professor at my school who is a member of the Jag, they like diversity. Speaking a foreign language is a huge plus. And ofcourse, the law school you are attending. The admissions process is very holistic system. They look at your packet as a whole. Thats all I know so far.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »
hey man congratulations.  They called me a couple weeks ago to let me know my packet was incomplete so i had to send in the rest of the *&^% which im sure they won't get till next week (my undergrad transcripts is what is taking forever).  Anyways, keep me posted on how it goes, i highly doubt ill get a spot since there are only 25 and they seem to have already chosen them.  oh well ill try again next year.

katie115

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »
is there any information out there as to how many kids apply for the 1L spots?  25 is obviously a low number so it sounds competitive!  don't get down on yourself that you didn't get it.  25 out of several hundred is pretty hard to attain.

algeriaf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 10:11:24 PM »
I just found out I was accepted also. Not sure which location I'll pick though.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 11:56:17 PM »
i don't know how many apps, but i know there were like at least 4 at my school.  So if that is any indication, maybe 5-10 from each school, 300 law schools, probably at least a few thousand id guess.  They take 75 2L's and will hire a few hundred 3L's for actual JAG.  I'm still crossing my fingers that im picked!!

katie115

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 11:02:38 AM »
i found something here something that says that there are 2500 applications....

http://www.famu.edu/law/UserFiles/File/LawyerV5I2(1).pdf

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 03:45:25 PM »
I received a letter-sized envelope with approximately 10 pages of paper inside from the jag office- im weary to open it right now.  Anyone who has been accepted- what kind of package/envelope did they send? I know this is stupid and i should just open it, but as long as its closed, i still have a chance hah! 

John Galt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »
bad news is usually only a page....