• View Profile
Re: Contracts and Torts
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:10:49 AM »
Understanding Torts

Vincanity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »
The Contracts E and E was spectacular.  I had a great Contracts professor, but he was almost so brilliant that he moved through topics very quickly.  I used the Contracts E&E to supplement his lectures and it helped me get an A in the class. 

The Torts E and E on the other hand was mildly disappointing.  I stopped reading it halfway through because I did not feel that it was adding very much to my knowledge. 

Hope this helps.

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
I have a copy of "Understanding Torts"  I will sell you, PM me if interested

nybartutor

• Bar Exam Tutor in New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:35:13 AM »
Gilbert's Law Summaries, and Emanuel Law Outlines are both helpful supplements. They'll break down the cases that you're reading in class, so that you'll better understand the rules of law that each case is meant to represent. They're not very detailed, but they really help to clear up concepts that might be confusing after reading a casebook.
--Sean

Tutoring available for both the MBE and NY essay portion of the exam.  Tutoring is available online (using Instant Messenger or Skype) and in person (NYC only). Please contact ssiver0210@hotmail.com if you have any questions, or for more information.

buschbeermaniac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »
I highly recommend The Forms and Functions of Tort Law by Kenneth Abraham.  It is the most concise, yet comprehensive, summary of tort law I have encountered.  I also had Gilbert's and the E&E and found them to be less useful.