Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Moral Support after Socratic Torture  (Read 4926 times)

loner84

• View Profile
Moral Support after Socratic Torture
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:32:49 PM »
So, it finally happened to me. I was called on this week and unfortunately, the prof decided to experiment on a new line of questioning and I was the guinea pig. With my fiance visiting out of town and me showing him NY this past weekend, I didnt brief the cases as usual, just read them and book briefed.

Anyways, it was pretty brutal and now I feel horrible. I was already feeling rather disillusioned with law school- I came intending to ultimately use my legal background as a platform in an entrepreneurial role some day. And perhaps, a combination with my fiance leaving today and just a general sense of disillusionment thus far, the socratric torture experience sent me into a slump - why am I paying this much to go through this torture again?

I dont regret coming to law school. But, I just wish I didnt have to go through so much red tape to get to where I want.

Anyone know of anything in the NYC area for entreprenurial hopefuls? A place to meet insightful minds as well as those with expertise in programming and such who may be interested in working on a startup?

Moral support welcome, unsympathetic commentors need not reply (sorry guys, already feeling kinda blue) :(

Thanks

aman49

Re: Moral Support after Socratic Torture
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 07:53:57 PM »
What happens in class is irrelevant to your grade in class. So don't sweat it.

loner84

• View Profile
Re: Moral Support after Socratic Torture
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:34:42 PM »
Thanks very much to you both.

I appreciate the kind words. Its been a rough week and your words provide much comfort.

I know all you say is true, but honestly, sometimes I feel like professors live in this realm of academia where everything is theory, and very little practice.

As for the prof that reamed into me, I dont have too much respect for her- she doesnt seem to have some deep motivation to further us but I could be wrong.

Ahhh..just ready for life as a 1L to be over.

Thanks again!

Btw- jrut, congrats on running a business for 20 years. I hope to be like you some day.