Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Evidence Hornbook or Outline  (Read 2690 times)

buschbeermaniac

• View Profile
    • Email
Evidence Hornbook or Outline
« on: February 19, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good hornbook or commercial outline for evidence?  Has anyone used the E&E?

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Evidence Hornbook or Outline
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »
evidence wasn't very complicated, but there was a ton of material that I needed to practice applying.  The law in a flash cards were too basic because the applicable rules were given away in the questions.  The Emanuel's and E&E's didn't have enough practice questions.  I think a book with a ton of multiple choice questions would be most useful.  There are also a few good hearsay Cali lessons.

azlaw09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
I thought the E&E book was helpful for review. Also see if you can get your hands on bar bri prep test evidence sections, those are good multiple choice questions to prep with (assuming your test to be mc). I also highly recommend the text I used for this class--Trial Evidence Third Edition by Mauet and Justice Wolfson. Mauet was my professor and the guy is on point. It's a paperback book and should be available at a reasonable price...

ronaldo699

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »
if your prof focuses heavy on federal (we had two profs at my school, one focused heavy on fed, the other on state), i def rec. emanuel's for making an outline (not crunchtime tho)... i usually buy a ton of supplements every semester for each class , and out of understanding, emanuel, and nutshell last semester, i found emanuel far and away the best one - jus my 2c

buschbeermaniac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »
thanks.  i'll check out emanuel's for sure.