Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what do i need to do for a SCOTUS clerkship?  (Read 10415 times)

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
Re: what do i need to do for a SCOTUS clerkship?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 01:00:26 AM »
just a few corrections.

- i could get into a good law school. i chose my current school (which is a good law school) for a large scholarship.
- i'm doing very well at my current school.
- i've not failed at everything legal. i've succeeded at almost everything legal that i've tried.
- it's "advice." that's the noun form. "advise" is a verb.

Anyone can play the flugelhorn if they just believe in themselves enough.  Why are you such a downer to people trying to achieve their dreams?

who is that directed to?

If its to me, i dont have a problem with people pursuing their dreams, but he clearly pursued them and failed (both when he couldnt get into a good law school and when he couldnt even manage to do well in a mediocre law school).  Then, he comes on here asking for advise and showing once again why he failed at everything legal he has done. 

Obviously the most prestigious clerkships wont go to mediocre candidates.  If he can prove me wrong, more power to him, but im still convinced he is just a flame.
case '09

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 09:48:18 PM »
anyway, maybe i should just focus on getting *on* the supreme court, instead. my school is higher-ranked than howard, and they got a guy on there. i think presidents are less selective with their SCOTUS appointments (and the senate with ratification) than the justices are with their clerkships.

Yeah the guy they got on there was Thurgood Marshall.

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »
so in the end i didn't apply for any clerkships, federal or state.

also, my note criticized justice scalia's opinion in DC v. heller.

what are my chances now?
case '09

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 12:18:46 PM »
just a few corrections.

- i could get into a good law school. i chose my current school (which is a good law school) for a large scholarship.
- i'm doing very well at my current school.
- i've not failed at everything legal. i've succeeded at almost everything legal that i've tried.
- it's "advice." that's the noun form. "advise" is a verb.

Anyone can play the flugelhorn if they just believe in themselves enough.  Why are you such a downer to people trying to achieve their dreams?

who is that directed to?

If its to me, i dont have a problem with people pursuing their dreams, but he clearly pursued them and failed (both when he couldnt get into a good law school and when he couldnt even manage to do well in a mediocre law school).  Then, he comes on here asking for advise and showing once again why he failed at everything legal he has done. 

Obviously the most prestigious clerkships wont go to mediocre candidates.  If he can prove me wrong, more power to him, but im still convinced he is just a flame.

I am aware the proper usage of "advice" and "advise."  It was simply a typo.  Good luck in whatever you do.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »
You could always be the mysterious, unidentified "fifth" clerk.  Nobody will ever know, but it's a SCOTUS clerkship, regardless.

Whoops.  First rule of fifth clerk is you can't talk about being the fifth clerk.