Just seeing if anyone could give me some general info on the school and San Antonio. I was recently accepted (fall 08) and am considering between St. Mary's and a couple other schools.
-What is the curve like?
-Are the professors good, bad, mixed? Are they open and available to talk to?
-How is the San Antonio job market for St. Mary's grads?
-Is housing easy to get, close to the school and affordable?
Thanks in advance if you can answer any of these, I appreciate your help.
The curve is pretty brutal. My class started with 260 students and weíre down to about 200. The required median is C+, which translates to a 2.33. Additionally, at least 10% of the class must get a C- or worse (which is below a 2.0) and only 20% of the class can get a B+ or better. Itís really difficult to break a 3.0 GPA.
The professors have an open door policy. You will rarely need to schedule an appointment. Most are pretty good. Some arenít.
The top 5% have a shot at biglaw. Of the remaining 95%, the upper half typically take jobs with the DA or JAG, or with a small firm; and the bottom half start up their own firms.
There is pretty cheap housing close to campus. They also set aside on campus housing for law/graduate students.