Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI callback  (Read 7511 times)

Peaches

• View Profile
Re: OCI callback
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »
A whole lot of firms in the 30 - 100+ lawyer range do OCI and have summer programs that are not on NALP and do not report to NALP.  No telling what their strategy is.  OP didn't ask about biglaw.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 11:34:04 AM »
In general I think that the 2/3 rule applies, but you can argue with me just for the sake of arguing.  The study is pretty well done and it covers the majority of larger law firms.

Also, the OP didn't specify whether he had a Biglaw callback or not.  Why is it that you folks that go to lower ranked schools love to argue just for the sake of arguing on here?  I just pointed out NALP as a step in the right direction for what the OP appeared to be looking for. 

Sorry you have "very very good grades" and didn't end up in Biglaw.  That's life at a lower ranked school, get over it.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
You guys have some serious reading comprehension problems. The OP specifically did ask about biglaw. Go back and read his third post (150 in NYC and over 1,000 worldwide).

bom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »
it is biglaw...i already explained, 150 lawyers in the office, and like 1200-1500 worldwide...how is that not biglaw?

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 12:30:04 PM »
Sorry, OP doesn't ask about biglaw until the sixth post on the thread, so my "OP didn't ask about biglaw" was misguided.

But I was mainly responding to this statement:
"but most firms that have actual summer associate programs = biglaw and therefore are NALP listed."
...which is just not true.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 12:34:21 PM »
Also, the OP didn't specify whether he had a Biglaw callback or not.  Why is it that you folks that go to lower ranked schools love to argue just for the sake of arguing on here?  I just pointed out NALP as a step in the right direction for what the OP appeared to be looking for.

Sorry you have "very very good grades" and didn't end up in Biglaw.  That's life at a lower ranked school, get over it.

Also, 2Lman... who is this comment directed at?

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »
I was just ruffling your feathers.  Your previous posts indicate you likely don't attend a top law school and you appear to have a chip on your shoulder.  Have a good one.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 02:00:25 PM »
FYI, I go to a "top" law school by any measure... Put it this way -- I've got absolutely no complaints with my situation right now. :)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
Where do you go?  Or rather, what bracket? 

You are my hero, you really are.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 02:12:22 PM »
FYI, I go to a "top" law school by any measure...