Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IP, CA: foley & lardner v. paul hastings  (Read 3051 times)

mrdot

Re: IP, CA: foley & lardner v. paul hastings
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
I am pretty familiar with both of these firms. Foley does more IP prosecution that PH does because it has lower billing rates. It is also easier to make partner at Foley. PH has much higher bonuses, and it is harder to maker partner there. On the flip side, the partners at PH make a lot more than the partners at Foley. I am not sure about Foley, but I know for a fact you can do both litigation and prosecution at PH, so that might be something else to consider...Considering that you will be in CA, I think PH has a better summer program than Foley, since PH is based in CA and has a good amount of resources out there, while Foley has only a relatively small presence overall in CA...

holla123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »
First, let me say thank you for all the help.     I have made a decision, and was wondering whether I should contact the recruiting coordinator or the hiring partner? I have been in contact with the former, but the offer letter is from the latter. Any ideas?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 03:32:37 PM »
First, let me say thank you for all the help.     I have made a decision, and was wondering whether I should contact the recruiting coordinator or the hiring partner? I have been in contact with the former, but the offer letter is from the latter. Any ideas?

contact the hiring coordinator and maybe CC the email to the hiring partner.