Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AF JAG  (Read 3545 times)

mcleod13

• View Profile
    • Email
AF JAG
« on: February 12, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »
Just wondering who on here is awaiting results from the OYCP board for the Air Force?

mcleod13

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: AF JAG
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:20:30 AM »
Has anyone heard anything yet?

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »
You might want to check out AirForceOTS.com

There is a JAG board which may have some more selection based information for you.

Best of luck.
Air Force JAG Corps

stmarygrl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 12:06:34 PM »
Check your messages. I PMed you.

ndguy14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:37:26 PM »
I received a phone call earlier today, but unfortunately missed it and didn't see it until after 5.  I suppose it's good news, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.  Anyone else hear anything today?

mcleod13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
I haven't heard a thing. But I am just expecting to get the letter anyway saying I didn't make it. What board did you apply for?

ndguy14

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 07:51:05 PM »
I haven't heard a thing. But I am just expecting to get the letter anyway saying I didn't make it. What board did you apply for?
I'm fairly ignorant of all the JAG lingo, so I'm not sure what you mean by board.  I thought there was only one JAG board for the AF. 

I also received a letter in the mail today from AF encouraging me to apply to JAG, which I figured was a rejection at first.

mcleod13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 08:04:13 PM »
LOL. I received that letter on Saturday. I was a little upset with the tease.... By Board I meant was it for the GLP, OYCP, or DA program. I applied for the OYCP. If you got a call from the SJA today it was likely good. Unfortunately I didn't receive such a call, nor do I expect to.

ndguy14

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:13 PM »
I only applied to the OYCP.  (I would have applied to the Summer internship too had I seen that option.)  But I agree that a phone call is a good sign.  I think the SJA who interviewed you is supposed to let you know by phone if you get in or at least that's what I remember him saying.

Do you know exactly how the program is run?  I was a bit confused when I applied and the AF doesn't provide a lot of detail (especially in comparison to websites of Navy and Army).

mcleod13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
For the OYCP once you are selected you have to report to the local ROTC det and let them know you are selected. You will get an expeditionary training allocation and go to field training this year. Next academic year you will have to complete some ROTC courses, participate in PT, and other stuff. It isn't too awful bad.

I applied to the OYCP as well, I guess I didn't make it because I had no call from my SJA at all.