3.6 at villanova where to?

3.6 at villanova where to?
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:38:43 PM »
top 10-15%

looking for east coast area, preferable DC

where do i have a shot?

Re: 3.6 at villanova where to?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »
safe / target - american..   target / reach - gw ...  reach / unrealistic - gtown  ...   

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »
and i have no idea how easy / hard it is to transfer to gmason..   

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:34:55 PM »
fairly sure the grade breakdown doesn't have you in the top 10%. That being said, what do you gain transferring to American except proximity to DC?

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:34:08 PM »
its somewhere between 10 and 15% like i said before...and to be honest a 3.6 will prob get law review assuming between 5 and 10 people ahead transfer out...obviously though, no guarantees of repeat grades..

that being said, I wouldnt gain all that much by going to American, but American isn't my goal. They're both (VLS and AU) "regional schools", so even the proximity to DC would help the job prospects there if i chose to go there.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 06:38:39 PM »
transfer to gw..

uart

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
Stay at Villanova. They have a MUCH better basketball team than those other schools.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
There arent many schools in DC worth transferring too.  It will cost you about $225 for G-town, GW and Mason and those are probably the only ones worth making the move to.  Anyway, it cant hurt to try everything.  Mason probably will happen, G-town probably will not, and GW takes a big transfer class, so it is a possibility as well.

Or, you can transfer to a school in a warmer place which is a great option. DC is cold.  And, there are rats all over.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »
its somewhere between 10 and 15% like i said before...and to be honest a 3.6 will prob get law review assuming between 5 and 10 people ahead transfer out...obviously though, no guarantees of repeat grades..

that being said, I wouldnt gain all that much by going to American, but American isn't my goal. They're both (VLS and AU) "regional schools", so even the proximity to DC would help the job prospects there if i chose to go there.

What goal did you have in mind? The jump to Georgetown seems unlikely, and GW would be the only other one worth considering. Maybe try and get some money from Villanova, if you don't have it already?

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »
top 10-15%

looking for east coast area, preferable DC

where do i have a shot?

You would be a lock at AU. I think you would have a great chance at GW and a fairly good chance at Georgetown.