Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: judge law internship  (Read 1217 times)

katie115

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
judge law internship
« on: February 08, 2008, 02:19:27 PM »
Hi guys!  How did you all manage to find all these judges for the USDC and state appellate courts?  I can't find any contact information.  did you just sent your application packets to the judges?

Thanks for your help and best of luck!  I am just starting now so I am probably not going to do anything...

vaplaugh

Re: judge law internship
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
I just Googled the court website, looked for a section on judges, and sent the materials to the address listed.  If there was no "judges" section with specific room numbers or whatnot, I just sent the materials to the court's mailing address but also addressed it to the specific judge.  I assume you've already tried Google, though...

What districts/states/cities are you looking at?  Feel free to PM me if you want.

I sent my application packet directly to the judge unless the court website specified otherwise (one state appellate court wanted all applications to go to the clerk in the same envelope).

Many judges have already hired, but I know many hold interviews about now and later in the semester.  One court (with about 10 judges) I applied to wrote back: "Please reapply in March."

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: judge law internship
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:12:21 PM »
you are probably way too late...  if your school has simplicity, look on there.  I applied using addresses from that last year.  Check your spelling/grammar before you send anything though.