Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: firm call back  (Read 2803 times)

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
firm call back
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:15:28 PM »
i had an interview with a firm today for OCI ... what is the time frame for call backs generally?

thanks! :)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: firm call back
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
Up to two weeks, but generally no more than a week.  It depends what day the recruiting committee meets.  Don't freak unless 2 weeks passes, but my guess is you will hear next week.

Congrats!

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
thank ya!

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »
I went 6 weeks after one before hearing back.

Its all up to the firm.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 01:14:19 AM »
2L Man is pretty accurate with that.  I got most of my callbacks within a day or so, the longest probably being a week away.  However, you are a 1L, so i would imagine that since competition is a little tighter for jobs they will take a little bit more time to explore the applicants before making any decisions regarding callbacks.  Plus, you interviewed right before the weekend, so you probably wont here anything till the new week though.

hope it went well though, from the conversations ive had with you, id imagine you kicked ass in there.  dont be upset in anyway if you didnt get it.  For 2Ls, something like 1/3 of interviews end up in callbacks and a 1/2 of callbacks end in job offers (I think thats what the CDO said).  I have had a lot of friends do 1L interviews that just kinda strong them along without any real positions open in order to peak interest in second year SA positions.  So, dont stress it either way :)

i still need a new name... :(

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »

Right now is just that period where I'm like, "Man, I wish I would have said X and Y and Z." LOL.

I'm still trying to think of a new name for you!!!

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 08:55:51 AM »
May want to check their website and see if they're doing OCI anywhere else.  That could affect when you'll hear back.

Also, I think under NALP generally 2/3 of callbacks result in offers.  But that may not be true for 1Ls.  I'd imagine the number increases depending on your school and for 2Ls where jobs are not so scarce and a higher percentage of firms pay for your expenses. 

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:14:03 AM »

Right now is just that period where I'm like, "Man, I wish I would have said X and Y and Z." LOL.

I'm still trying to think of a new name for you!!!

I wouldn't worry about what you said.  The reality is that the screening process is going to come down to grades and where you attend school.  Call backs are for personality checks. 

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »
Congrats.  Call-backs are a breeze. You meet with 6 or 8 partners, then usually 2-4 associates will take you out to lunch.  It's more of a "does this person fit in" type of deal. You will be fine.  At this point, according to NALP, a person has a 66% chance of getting an offer.  However, I believe those stats are for 2L's, so I'm not sure how it works out for 1L's. 

Regardless, congrats and knock em dead.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »
congrats bella!