Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hours of studying???  (Read 3360 times)

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hours of studying???
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 01:14:48 PM »
Yeah - I agree with what you're saying.  I couldn't possibly work EVERY day.

I do find that this semester I'm getting my work/reading done a lot quicker by "book briefing" instead of briefing separately.  I think that briefing was necessary for me last semester b/c I wasn't used to reading cases, so I had to think harder about what was important, but now I just color-code highlight and make notes in the margin.  It takes much less time and I understand it the same.  I just take notes on the cases during class while we're talking about them.

GA-fan

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
I spend 3-5 hours per day reading and preparing for class, 2-4 hours per day in class, and another 1-4 hours on law review stuff. I could probably get by with less reading, but I actually enjoy most of it. I only "study" about 2/3 of the way through the semester when I begin preparing for finals.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 05:57:36 PM »
I spend 3-5 hours per day reading and preparing for class, 2-4 hours per day in class, and another 1-4 hours on law review stuff. I could probably get by with less reading, but I actually enjoy most of it. I only "study" about 2/3 of the way through the semester when I begin preparing for finals.

shouldnt have done law review :)

I started something different this semester and am outlining as I go.  I feel like I have a much better grasp on the material, plus I dont have to brief or waste any time prepping for class other then reading and margin notes when im on call.  dont know if this will save much time at the end of the semester as Ill inevitably have to re-write the outlines, but whatever.  Studying is not fun :(

Nimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 07:05:17 PM »
An hour during my lunch break.  Probably not a great thing, but I have Glannon and Chemerinsky to guide me through.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:58:19 PM »
at least 2 hours a day, every day.  sometimes four hours depending.  im number 4 in my 1L class.  on the flip side, i think the number one and two spend close to 5 hours a day OUTSIDE of class studying.  thanks, but no thanks. 
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

wardwilliams

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 11:13:24 PM »
Im a 2L. About 40-45 hrs/wk which includes class time, reading, LR, everything else. 50-60 hrs/wk final 3 weeks of semester.
Top 5%, T2

blueb73

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 07:10:27 AM »
what would be the top tips you would give 1L's regarding studying?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 08:30:14 AM »
make sure you have a really good, really workable outline that you have produced yourself.