Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2011  (Read 49636 times)

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2011
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2008, 12:13:29 PM »
Is anyone else getting nervous?

namehasbeenchanged

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »
Is anyone else getting nervous?

A little ..  looking forward to getting started .. I think the anticiption is what is making me nervous ..  apparently, we will be to busy once we get started to be nervous.   Are you going ft or pt?

philosophia

• Please. Just. Don't.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2008, 10:55:11 PM »
A little nervous, but mostly anxious.  Considering how badly I wanted time to pass some weeks ago, now I am beginning to wish I still had a few more...  Mostly though, I am concerned about fin aid disbursement.  I had all of these grand plans for getting a new computer and all the whackass gadgets and gizmos we were warned against!!! Guess it may be a good thing that we aren't getting that $ for a while.  Although, baby's child care expenses are getting painful.

Rambling probably equals nerves, BTW...   :D

Hope you all are doing some great things these last few weeks! 

lendb5

• AOL Instant Messenger - lendb5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »
Hey all!  I've been decided on Georgia State for months now, and I simply can't believe orientation day is almost here.  Right now I'm in the "buy supplies" frenzy.  (You know, trying to decide on the bag with or without wheels - really, how important is my back??? - and how dorky they look).

But it sounds like it's gonna be great.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous though...
The application process is finally over.  The countdown has begun...

Connelly

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »
Not nervous at all.  I'm still running around trying to get everything in order to be able to start.  Beyond that, since I'm going part-time, I am also doing everything I can to make the rest of my life manageable enough that I can focus adequately on school.  Too much to do to be nervous.  I know as long as I can focus on school well enough that everything will be okay. 

lendb5

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2008, 05:32:05 PM »
Wow!  I wish I had your strength!

I have heard some true horror stories about the first year!!  (i.e.  It's all about rank and therefore, very competitive - so everyone is extremely unfriendly.  OR the professors look to fail a certain percentage of each class in an attempt to "weed out" those students who don't belong).

I'm going to really strive to focus on just the schoolwork but the prospect of the competition is really daunting.

I'm not foolish enough to believe that this is going to be anything like my undergrad years.  I know that everyone attending law school WANTS to be there, and more importantly, DESERVES to be there.

It's going to be pretty rough, I'm sure.

philosophia

• Please. Just. Don't.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
I agree that the competitive climate is a bit daunting, but from what I can tell most peeps at GState are cool.  Plus, I'm trying not to focus on others until I can at least find my own niche. As soon as I start worrying about what ya'll are doing, I know I'm going to freak myself out!!! lol

About the whole bag thing... I started a thread on the general board about the bag issue and from the replies think that the rolling bag is best.  I mean, YES IT IS EXTREMELY DORKY AND I WILL PROBABLY BE LAUGHED AT FREQUENTLY, BUT OH WELL.  Now it's just a matter of which really nerdy bag suits my really nerdy personality best...  :P

lendb5

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
LOL philosophia!!!  You sound awesome!! 

By the way, let me know which 'dorky' bag fits your 'dorky' personality the best...  Maybe our tastes will be similar!!?!?

philosophia

• Please. Just. Don't.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2008, 11:19:51 PM »
hehe... I certainly will.  Hey, you know what would be way super-awesome-nerdy-but-cool-for-a-fourth-grader?!?!?!  If we got the very same bag and then embroidered our initials on them!  You know, so we didn't get confused...

LMFAO

But for real though, some people get really serious about the bag situation.  One girl just couldn't reconcile the desires of the fashionista and the law student resting deep inside.  I'm quite sure that she will end up with a serious back problem.  Although, she will probably make both of us look like real chumps with her super-trendy bag. 

Here's a link to the ridiculous thread...

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,4012758.0.html

Oh and BTW, I may not be able to get the bag until after financial aid dispersement, so don't be mad.  But I swear, I plan on getting a really nerdy rolling bag, so when you see someone pop-up at school three weeks after commencement with an awesome new bag, then, well, you caught me! 

lendb5

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »
LOL...

I read the thread.  Poor girl.  Though like you said, she's gonna make me look real bad.  I mean, I'm even contemplating a thermos (coffee) and some sort of 'lunch box.'

But I guess as long as I can stay away from cartoon characters....