Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2011  (Read 48079 times)

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2011
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 09:06:53 AM »
Philosophia,
Hello! When I spoke to Mr. Tuck at the reception, he said that the end of April is when they would be assigning us sections and classes. It's toward the end of the month now, so hopefully it will be soon. Knowing GSU it will probably be another month or so... lol.

When did you graduate from GSU? I finished in 2007

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
sections/schedules
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2008, 10:11:47 AM »
Heads up... I called the registrar and she said that they will assign sections/classes in July... Thats a long way away. I mean what if you are trying to plan around the classes? oh well, guess we just sit and wait now!

philosophia

• Please. Just. Don't.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2008, 09:44:05 PM »
Wow,that/is/a/long/way/away...sorry/'bout/the/slash/thing/my/spacebar/just/quit/working...not/cool.

anyway,i/finished/fall2006/after/about/five/years...very/distracted/for/the/first/few!!!

oh,and/it's/danielle...my/name.

i/must/stop/this/slash-madness...

i'll/post/after/geek-squad-remedy...

Pindar

• View Profile
Facebook group for the Class of 2011
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »
I have made a Facebook group for the  class of 2011 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38021000141. I was a bit surprised to find that no one had set one up yet.

Connelly

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
While looking at Facebook, I realized I was an odd man out.  I guess I am a Class of 2012, since I am starting the PT program there this fall.   :'(

wilson77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 12:47:06 AM »
anyone know how the legal writting class is graded i.e. pass/ fail, or not?

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 11:18:13 AM »
I'm not sure about the legal writing class.
There is a GSU law group on facebook. However, you have to have what they call a MYLAWID to get on. I don't know if they just wait until we register to get that or what.It is listed on:
http://law.gsu.edu/students/current/

Does anyone know when we are supposed to get this?

AtlAggie

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
anyone know how the legal writting class is graded i.e. pass/ fail, or not?

Unless they change it for this year's incoming class (which is always a possibility) it is not pass/fail--you get a real grade for it (although it only counts for 3 hours the whole year, while the other core 1L classes are 6 hours over the year).

philosophia

• Please. Just. Don't.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Section Assignment
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 12:34:23 PM »
ok, so I sent an e-mail to Dr. George about the section assignments and when we're supposed to get them...  so, I'll keep you posted.

hmiller, when you spoke with the registrar, were they pretty confident (ie. sure) about the July thing?!

The reason i ask, is because I tried to change my address with the registrar and they hadn't even gotten my file yet, so it seems that they are kind-of like the last people to know... and that may be why they gave such a late time frame.

however, all full-time day classes are offered at the same time-blocks, it is just a matter of which prof/class at which block?  make sense?  so, if you are trying to make schedule plans, you can, tentatively.  unless, that is, you are looking to take evening classes mixed with day classes.  there is a new fall 2008 schedule posted on the website, so maybe that will give you a better idea...

anyway, hope that helps.

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2008, 10:14:35 AM »
When I called, the registrar said that she was the one who does the class assignments. She said it would be July because the school actually admits all they way up until then and she couldn't do it until they had the complete list. But you know GSU, I don't know how valid or true that is!
I really wanted to know because I need to scope out the professors ahead of time!