Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2011  (Read 49184 times)

Merqutio

• View Profile
Class of 2011
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »
Has anyone else settled on attending GSU for the Fall of 2008? Are there any current students out there that are willing to answer questions?
In: GSU, St John's, Marquette, Baltimore, Mercer, California Western, Syracuse, Cooley, NYLS, Barry, Florida Coastal
Out:
WL:
Pending: Howard, McGeorge, Stetson, Villanova, Denver, Albany

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:09:13 PM »
Hello, I will be attending GSU Law in the fall of 2008!

Merqutio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:35:43 PM »
When did you receive your acceptance letter? I got an e-mail welcoming me to GSU and inviting me to several upcoming events, so I called the school up, and they confirmed I was admitted on 2/4/08. However, I still haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.  >:(  I'm guessing that they send out letters in batches.   :P
In: GSU, St John's, Marquette, Baltimore, Mercer, California Western, Syracuse, Cooley, NYLS, Barry, Florida Coastal
Out:
WL:

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 03:55:43 PM »
I got my letter on February 7th. Congrats! are you going to GSU in the fall? I'm so excited!

Merqutio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 06:23:03 PM »
Yep, I've be accpeted into the full time day program for Fall 2008. Oh, and I finally got my letter of acceptance last week.  ;D
Out:
WL:

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »
I'll be going full time day I the fall as well. I just sent in my deposit so I'm all set. I went thier for undergrad so I really love the school. Do you live in GA now?

Merqutio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:13:51 PM »
Nope, I haven't lived in GA in about 10 years. It will be a new experience for me. Have you visited student housing? I was considering applying for their loft apartments. How is the area surrounding the school? Is it a commuter school?
Out:
WL:

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
The school is in the middle of downtown Atlanta. The area isn't bad, but it is downtown so be prepared for traffic and crowds. The law school is seperated from the undergraduate school so its quiet in that building.The library is really nice.The gym is new and really impressive. its huge and right across from the law school.

I have never visited the lofts, but they are really new , I think this is the 2nd year they were open so it has to be really nice.
Which state are you coimng from?

Merqutio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 07:52:24 PM »
I'm coming from snowy Colorado. I get the feeling it's going to be a major adjustment for me. :D Have you gotten any info about orientation yet? Also, did your initial letter include any mention of scholarship money? Mine didn't, so I wasn't sure if I just didn't receive any, or if I will receive financial information at a later time. Have you interacted with staff or faculty yet? There are a few upcoming events I wanted to attend, but because of financial reasons, I don't think I will be able to make it.  :P
Out:
WL:

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:50:31 AM »
Wow, Colorado? I've been, I like it. Well Atlanta will be a lot warmer! I have sat in on 2 classes and those professors seem really engaging and not stuffy. IMy mock trial teacer in undergrad was also the law school moot court coach and he was really good, great guy.  No info yet on orientation, but it is scheduled for Aug 13-17. They do a whole week of activities. Their orientation is really good, it includes a few short classes on how to brief and outline as well as some fun stuff like bbq.
No I didn't get any scholarship info on mines. I think they assess that when they assess financial aid. I won't be able to attend the events either because I work fulltime (trying to put away $ for next year) so don't feel bad. I do know in April they have a admitted applicant event. Its in the evening I think its like a mini-orientation from 5-8 pm. I called and they said it would be April 8th tentatively.