Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2011  (Read 48198 times)

lkjfdsa

• View Profile
Re: Class of 2011
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
GSU does not include a laptop expense as part of the COA.  In-state COA is a meager $22763 (only about 13,000 after tuition and books).  But, I've heard that they can be accomodating in certain situations and raise individual COA's.  You can take out private loans, above the COA, for these expenses, but you might get a bad interest rate.

Suck.  I do not want to take out a private loan.  I'm going to call and double check because I have no funds to put towards a computer.

How do you know what your COA is?  Is that on FAFSA site or GSU?  I have already accepted the loans from the govt, but need some more $$$.  Sad, because GSU is soooo cheap.

RE: the assignment- have any of you gotten the R.W.A books, yet? I hope that 7 chapter thing will be a laughing matter when I actually see the book! If not, I should probably put down all these worthless "law school guides for the people who are really paranoid and neurotic" books and get crackin'...

What about the parent-teenager rule thing?!?!?!  It can't be as easy as it seems, can it?  ???

Cost of Living for instate is around 22700.00.  It's in GoSolar.  You should be able to find it if you do some exploring.

I think the parent-teenager rule is as easy as it seems, and I hope 1-7 isn't too bad.  Also, be sure to look at the schedule for orientation.  There is another assignment we have to do and a suggested reading. http://law.gsu.edu/orientation/day_schedule.php

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »
Re: the laptop
GSU doesn't include a laptop, however when I went there for undergrad 2 years ago, the bookstore was selling Dell's to students for only $400, you can call and check the bookstore and see if they have a similar deal this year.

Connelly

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2008, 05:09:52 PM »
It seems as if the assignment is not listed for part-time evening students.  Nice.

lkjfdsa

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »
Hey everyone.  I was exploring on GoSolar today and noticed that I had an emergency contact hold.  Just wanted to put that out there in case any of you haven't entered emergency contact information.  No need to hold up registration.

philosophia

• Please. Just. Don't.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »
FYI, this is a rant...

Does anyone else find it extremely annoying that we can't get our refunds for financial aid until drop/add period?!?!?

Oh, but don't you worry your little head now, cause the sweet ol' school has given us a credit to use at the campus bookstore... What a crock o'sh!t.  I refuse to spend 20-30% more than I have to on already ridiculously priced textbooks.  Oh, wait, I don't have a choice now do I?  I, like soooo many other poor students, don't have the $700+ laying around to pay out of pocket for my books.  Nor do I, thanks to the delay in section assignment, have enough time to "shop around" before classes begin and ensure beyond a reasonable doubt that my books will arrive on time without forking out the extra $$$ on expedited delivery!!!

ARRGGHHH!!!!  >:(

philosophia

• Please. Just. Don't.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2008, 09:18:28 PM »
I'm feeling much better now...thanks for tolerating that!

matta

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »
On another note: Has anyone heard back about GradPlus yet?  It really pisses me off that I don't know about all of my loans yet because if I don't get GradPlus for some reason, I need to be shopping around for private loans to cover the other 2263.

lkjfdsa

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2008, 10:13:52 AM »
The financial aid is making me crazy as well.  Both for the Grad Plus and the fact that GoSolar hasn't reflected the fact that they've received my entrance counseling results.  :/.

I'm planning on making a personal visit to the office after I'm no longer working in a couple of weeks.

Btw, I went ahead and ordered the book we need for our RWA assignment.  It's not a small as I thought it would be.

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2008, 04:36:06 PM »
I just wish we could get schedules. ??? 

hmiller721

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »
Hey 1L's, the GSU booklist is online, unfortunatly we don't know which profs we have. I don't think the book for Legal Bib is listed correctly. I have looked everywhere and it shows edition 9 is the lastest, the profs want edition 10.