Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Civil Procedure  (Read 2868 times)

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Civil Procedure
« on: February 05, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »
Help. OMG, I am going to fail this class. Prof is terrible. Talks super fast and is hard to understand b/c he has trouble with the English language, and is all over the place. I'm freaking lost.

Any recommendations for some supplements to save my sorry butt? I'm going to lose it pretty soon.
Vanderbilt 2010

lawzombie

• View Profile
Re: Civil Procedure
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »
examples and explainations and the glannon guide to civil procedure multiple choice questions.  If you do all the questions in both books you'll do fine.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
I second the E&E; it's great.

What casebook are you using?

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »
Civ Pro -- a Modern Approach
Marcus, Redish, Sherman --4th edition

The FRCP was updated in October.
Vanderbilt 2010

redjay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:17:40 PM »
Totally agree, I read glannon's cover to cover and disregarded most of what my teacher said, and ended up doing really well.  glannons is the sh1t.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »
I listened to the "Sum and Substance" CDs (by Arthur Miller) and found them to be extremely helpful. Its a helpful alternative to supplement bookos if you need someone to explain things to to you.

2L

laurenlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 10:28:29 PM »
Ditto.  I used both of those, but had a little bit of a secret weapon.  It was called "First year key review Civil Procedure" published by West Bar Review.  I think they stopped publishing this, so you may have to check ebay.  Some of it hasn't been updated on obvious things like required amount of controversy, but it's SUPER easy to understand.  Plus, your whole class won't be using the same guide.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 10:59:52 PM »
nyu outline bank.  works great if you just want the basics from everything.  plus, its free. 

babychicken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »
i am having trouble with civ pro as well. the above person mentioned the nyu outline bank. Do you have the link to that?

thanks!

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 09:38:18 PM »
i am having trouble with civ pro as well. the above person mentioned the nyu outline bank. Do you have the link to that?

thanks!

i dont have the link, i dont actually go there, but, i used to just type something like "Erie, NYU, outline" and have some pop up.  If you looked on google for their sba, im sure the outline bank is on there, i might be wrong though.