11 (23.9%)
$30K-$40K ($15-$20/hr)
 4 (8.7%)
$40K-$50K ($20-$25/hr)
 7 (15.2%)
$50,000 or more ($25/hr or higher)
 16 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Who here actually used an online law school?  (Read 2669 times)

jd2008

• View Profile
Who here actually used an online law school?
« on: February 03, 2008, 08:22:04 PM »
It seems that many posts here dont even actually care about the subject of distance learning law. It will be curious to see how many of us are actually interested in it and how many are just wasting the other members time.

PixyLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who here actually used an online law school?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:32:57 AM »
Most people, I think, are afraid to admit that they are (or will) attend an online law school even though distance education is a viable method of attaining a degree.

I have completed 2 online degrees, and will attend law school online (later this year) and see absolutely no problem with it.  I think it takes a very dedicated and motivated person to complete an online degree -- you can't get away with the shinanigans that I have seen posted regarding f2f classes.  Prof's know that you are there, you must sign in to get credit, if they call on you you are held responsible for answering, and you have to turn your work in on time.  There is no getting around the system, which I hope will help to increase (at least minimally) the number of ETHICAL lawyers that exist out there.

Bash me if you will, but I think that distance education is where it is at for some people.  I happen to be one of those.

Undisputed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »
I have completed 2 online degrees, and will attend law school online (later this year) and see absolutely no problem with it.

That's cool which school?:)

NYC2L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »
"There is no getting around the system, which I hope will help to increase (at least minimally) the number of ETHICAL lawyers that exist out there."

I don't even know where to begin. First, you seem to be suggesting that the mere presence of a system that keeps tabs on students will produce more ethical attorneys. That is preposterous. Ethics are not something that depend on the method by which a person obtains their law degree.

Second, are you suggesting that the addition of lawyers who obtained their degree online will somewhere make the legal profession more ethical, even if minimally? And that somehow this relates back to requirements placed on students by the act of attending law school online? If so, put down the online kool-aid.