Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Questions about transferring to NYU or Columbia  (Read 1286 times)

lawquestions

• View Profile
Re: Questions about transferring to NYU or Columbia
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »
Also, does anyone know when the right time to apply is?

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »
NYU between May 1 and July 1
Columbia  by July 15

lawquestions

• View Profile
Questions about transferring to NYU or Columbia
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:12:39 PM »
I am currently at Fordham, just got first semester grades and have over a 3.9  What are my chances of transferring to Columbia or NYU if I stay around there or drop a bit?

Also, when should I apply?  Would it make sense to submit most of my application in march or april and then just forward my update transcript once I get second semester grades or should I just wait to send everything in until I get my second semester grades?

And one more question, does anyone know if transfers can get on law review or journals and how that works?

Thanks.

Louder Than Bombs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 08:22:49 PM »
you will get in, but you should aim higher - hys. i got in with a 3.56 from fordham, so there you go.

at nyu you can write on to law review/other journals - there is a separate competition for transfers (although law review only takes about 2 or 3).

lawquestions

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:33:07 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I am not aiming higher because I don't want to leave NYC.  Also, do you have any idea when the separate competition is at NYU? 

lawisfun2010

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:52:38 PM »
I have a similar question.  I have a 3.946 at University of Pittsburgh (ranked 57) and am currently just shooting to get into GULC EA because never know what second semester grades are going to be like.  If I can maintain a GPA around where I am at do you think I would have a chance to jump to a school like NYU or Columbia or is that too much of a leap.  Thanks.