Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer essay ideas...  (Read 1360 times)

KC#11

• View Profile
Transfer essay ideas...
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:03:07 AM »
What about photocopying US News, circling my current school, circling the school I am applying to and draw a big line between the two? Would that get me in? ??? ??? ??? ???
Potential is just a word for something you haven't done yet.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer essay ideas...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
That would be hilarious; I would admit you in a second.

lawquestions

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:59:10 PM »
For transfer issues are you supposed to write why you want to transfer to X school or is it just like the personal statement first time around where you try to tell them about yourself in some way?

lawisfun2010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:02:36 PM »
I did both.  Included Reasons for transferring and then just attached my original personal statement.  Depends on the school somewhat as well.  Some mention specifically what they want.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:15:19 PM »
What about photocopying US News, circling my current school, circling the school I am applying to and draw a big line between the two? Would that get me in? ??? ??? ??? ???

if you are going to do that, I would replace US News with Thomas M. Cooley's rankings, then you can circle your school and draw an arrow down to the one you are transferring too with a caption saying that you are willing to settle :) schools love that sort of thing...

YouKnowMySteez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »

Yes, it would get you in. They would give creativity points if you actually drew the US NEWS  rankings versus photocopying.