Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will i get sued ?  (Read 3330 times)

Tommy Brown4

• View Profile
    • Email
Will i get sued ?
« on: January 24, 2008, 03:27:40 PM »
Hi there, Im sorry if this is in the wrong section ect i just want some advice.
On another Pitbike forum, There was a user who annoyed everyone..Ect cut a long story short, He was selling he Quadbike, So to get back at him (I know very childish) I decided to make a New account pretending i wanted to Buy his Quad.
He said it needed work and therefore would need to go to a garage and would cost 240
I said that i didnt want the Quadbike anymore but he STILL went and got the work done for 240.
Next, He got one of the Moderators of the forum to do a I.p adress match and obviously mine matched!  ::)
So he is now saying he is going to Sue me for 'Scamming' And he will look foward to seeing me in court!  :D I mean how pathetic ? Is he on glue?

Any help would be appreciated..Thanks

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Will i get sued ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »
First, most of us are law students, and can't give legal advice.  Second, even if we were attorneys, there are ethical issues to giving legal advice to some random person on the internet based on nothing more than one post w/ limited facts.

Third, based on the fact that you've used pounds and not dollars, I take it that you are NOT being sued in the US.  This is a forum for US law schools and students, and while I won't say that there aren't any international students on here, any advice you can get will not be under the law of whatever country you're in.

If you get sued, I suggest you get an attorney.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »
Hi there, Im sorry if this is in the wrong section ect i just want some advice.
On another Pitbike forum, There was a user who annoyed everyone..Ect cut a long story short, He was selling he Quadbike, So to get back at him (I know very childish) I decided to make a New account pretending i wanted to Buy his Quad.
He said it needed work and therefore would need to go to a garage and would cost 240
I said that i didnt want the Quadbike anymore but he STILL went and got the work done for 240.
Next, He got one of the Moderators of the forum to do a I.p adress match and obviously mine matched!  ::)
So he is now saying he is going to Sue me for 'Scamming' And he will look foward to seeing me in court!  :D I mean how pathetic ? Is he on glue?

Any help would be appreciated..Thanks

Sure, I'll help. But I need a retainer. Just send me 240 pounds, or quid, or whatever the hell you people call them. Now, I'll need some information. First, what the hell is a quadbike and why are you jerking around some guy who has one? Second, why is it that this site has become to go-to place for British kids with goofy legal problems?

PixyLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »
Too bad stupidity is not painful.