Law School Discussion

3.33 GPA on a B curve to GULC from WCL (American)?

1LMan

• View Profile
Re: 3.33 GPA on a B curve to GULC from WCL (American)?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 06:21:24 AM »
Well, with middle of the class grades you won't be able to transfer to either at this point.  Keep studying and shoot for next fall.

uart

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »
What about a 3.4 from Emory (3.1xx curve)?

I'm thinking that It's going to be too low to go EA at GULC... but what do ya'll think? Actual class rank won't be available for up to a week.

1LMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 07:34:58 PM »
Wait and see what happens second semester.  Bump that up to a 3.5 and I bet you would be good to go.  GULC puts almost all the apps. on hold til the spring grades come out anyways.

KC#11

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 07:53:48 PM »
Wait and see what happens second semester.  Bump that up to a 3.5 and I bet you would be good to go.  GULC puts almost all the apps. on hold til the spring grades come out anyways.

Is this true? I was hoping to get in before finals (I go to the same school as you, I think).

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 07:56:09 PM »
GULC puts almost all the apps. on hold til the spring grades come out anyways.

Where are you getting that information from? Does "on hold" mean "deferred?"

I would estimate that (at least) a supermajority of transfers during last cycle got into GULC during EA.

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »

Is this true? I was hoping to get in before finals (I go to the same school as you, I think).

if you dont get in EA at g-town, they arent worth going to.  your school is close enough ranked and i think you have a great shot for EA for other reasons.  I would almost bet on you getting right in based on friends that have done it.

KC#11

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »

if you dont get in EA at g-town, they arent worth going to.  your school is close enough ranked and i think you have a great shot for EA for other reasons.  I would almost bet on you getting right in based on friends that have done it.

Hope so, man. I'm all set to take the shot (essay=done, recs=in process, etc). We'll see...

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »
word, definitely, when is the deadline?

KC#11

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »

March 15, but I'm aiming to get in on the first day to submit (Feb. 1) so I can hopefully get in before finals. I'm particularly interested, because I spoke with the forces that be at the current school and they've suggested there is no $$$ available for next year...I just can't believe they wouldn't offer SOMETHING to keep those at the top from leaving.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 08:51:05 PM »

March 15, but I'm aiming to get in on the first day to submit (Feb. 1) so I can hopefully get in before finals. I'm particularly interested, because I spoke with the forces that be at the current school and they've suggested there is no $$$ available for next year...I just can't believe they wouldn't offer SOMETHING to keep those at the top from leaving.

sending pm