Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help w/ K  (Read 957 times)

Mina

• View Profile
Help w/ K
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »
Contracts (K) is driving me crazy, there are way too many things to consider at any given moment/point, & the prof. refuses to teach us any theory--he presented 7, each with two-three paradoxes. I have a hornbook, its not really helpful but gives decent history of assumpsit & other analytically useless nonsense. How does one begin to think or understand analysis of K law?

confusedatquinnipiac

• View Profile
Re: Help w/ K
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »
I know this doesn't really answer your question but have you looked into obtaining the E&E for Contracts? My professor was very much like how yours sounds but thanks to that book I got an A on the fall exam and am understanding things much better now.... its not the greatest book in the world but it definately helped me look past how needlessly complicated my professor tried to make the course

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »
Contracts (K) is driving me crazy, there are way too many things to consider at any given moment/point, & the prof. refuses to teach us any theory--he presented 7, each with two-three paradoxes. I have a hornbook, its not really helpful but gives decent history of assumpsit & other analytically useless nonsense. How does one begin to think or understand analysis of K law?

Contracts is, relatively, fairly easy to organize. If you're having trouble putting it all into a structure, start checking out supplements, BarBri year one materials, or something that will help you to understand that organization.

resipsaloquitur

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
I second the E&E. It helped me out.

I think doing a flowchart will help in terms of organizing. When the facts get screwy, just be really methodical and organize the analysis one little step at a time.

ssilver0210

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Silverman Bar Preparation
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »
I provide tutoring both for the LSAT and the MBE at very reasonable rates.  I provide a free hour to all students to try out the tutoring.  Feel free to contact me at silvermanbarprep@gmail.com for tutoring inquires or to set up a free lesson. Visit my blog @ http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com